103

"Good day gentlemen" Alex greeted the board she was meeting with. "I apologize for the delay"

"No problem miss Donovan" the man at one head of the table spoke "We have not been waiting long. Let's proceed with the meeting"

Much to Alex's luck, the meeting went off without a hitch and they were able to come to an agreement quite easily. She had left Ava with her assistant. She passed a stationary store on the way back and stopped to get some packs of sticker sheets and decorative tape for Ava.

"Thanks for watching her Bailey" she said shutting the hotel room door behind her

"Of course Miss Donovan, she was no trouble at all. Trust the meeting went well"

"It did...?"

"Mr Keoni's assistant sent the date for the next meeting and I've confirmed all the other dates for the rest of your meetings over the next 2 months. We are free for the next 10 days though. You also have to fly back home in 3 weeks for a meeting with Mr Micheal Scott" (hehe)

"Can't we have it over SOOM?"

"I asked but he strongly declined."

"Okay, then I need you to book the flight, make sure I'll be back in time for the next meeting"

"Done and done. Only problem is I could only get one ticket"

"Then book a different flight"

"That's the only flight that will have your back in time for the next meeting"

"CRUD!! I'll figure something out"

"Okay. Anything else?"

"Yes, I need a driver. This uber thing is not working for me"

"Do you want me to fly Jeffrey here?"

"No, just get me someone temporary over here and rent a car for me"

"Same model as the one at home?"

"No, get me a BMV, the X5"

"Okay Ma. I will get it done today. Looks like Ava is waking up" Bailey said noticing Ava stirring on the bed

"Thanks. I'll call you if I need something I'll call you. Otherwise enjoy the trip"

"Thank you Miss Donovan"

"Mommy?"

"Yes darling. Did you sleep well?"

She nods gently, getting up from the bed "I feel so bad"

"Too tired to go to the beach?" she teased

Ava practically flies off the bed " Who said anything about being tired?" she asked, looking around for the culprit with a look of puzzlement on her face. Alex pressed her lips tight, trying to hide the smile growing on her face.

Alex called the receptionist to call a car to the beach for them while they got dressed. Ava has on a two piece, a spaghetti strap top and a mini skirt while Alex wore a backless one piece and a see through purple tinted robe, both with slippers. The car was waiting by the time they got downstairs.

The beach was filled with lots of people, playing volleyball, splashing around in the waater, sunbathing and doing the limbo at the side.

"Mummy, mummy, can I go join them?" Ava asks pulling on her arm

"Sure" she replied. She got settled on a vacant beach chair close to where Ava was playing to keep an eye on her. They played around in the water while taking a ton of pictures.

Alex noticed the smallish houses at the edges of the beach and called Bailey "Bailey, can you find out if any of the houses along the beach are up for rent and get back to me in an hour or so?... Okay"

Ava introduced Alex to two boys about her age who she was playing with – Cody and Zion. They wanted to go play ball but it was already well past 7pm.

"Ava will come and play with you guys another day, okay?" They were bummed out but they said their goodbyes and ran along

On getting back to the hotel, the receptionist gave me the key to the car Bailey had rented and informed me that they were parked in section C of the garage. Both Ava and Alex showered immediately, they got in, ordered room service for dinner and headed to dream town for the night.

Bailey has sent the details for the houses available for rent the following morning. Alex looked through them and saw one that she liked so she called Bailey to have it ready by noon. She called the reception and told them they would be checking out that afternoon. There was a knock on their door shortly after. " Good morning miss Donovan" one of the hotel staff greeted

"Miss Bailey called and informed me to bring up this box for your clothes" he said wheeling in a Thule travelling box.

"Thank you very much. Can you be back in 90 minutes to help me move it?" she asks

"Of course ma'am" he says leaving. She looks at the box and chuckles " That girl deserves a raise" she says to herself wheeling it in.

Ava was waking when she got back in. "Momma?" she asked, looking around. "Hey baby. How'd you sleep?"

They ordered breakfast and packed their clothes into the box after they were done. She had the guy take the box into the carand gave him a $50 tip which he was very grateful for.

"Did you get all your writing materials darling?" Alex asked, packing up her laptop. She'd had it out since they got here but she hadn't really seen her working on anything.

"Yup, Yup" she replied, trying to balance her books on her head as she walked across the room.

"Okay. Have you written anything you want to show me?"

"Umm... Nope" she replied, shaking her head, forgetting the books on her head.

She pursed her lips and tilted her head to the side "You sure baby?" her answer didn't change

Khalid's 'Self' started playing from her phone as it flashed Bestie on the screen. "Hey Tristan"

"Hey love. How's the vacay?"

"I'm here for work"

"Or are you hiding from someone over here?"

"I've had this planned for months, if you're gonna insinuate something.. do your research"

"Yeah,yeah whatever"

"Anyhoo... what's up?"

"Just calling to check in on my favourite gals. How's my cupcake?"

"She's fine. Ava come talk to your uncle Tristan "

There was a knock on the door "Hold on Tee, someone's at the door, probably Bailey"

She opens the door and comes face to face with a grinning Tristan

"This vay-cay just got a lot more awesome" he announced sashaying into the room.

- - -

I love love love Tristan *cue dramatic sigh*

Anyhoo, Tristn says y'all should follow my insta @ glimmering_moon_light and @ agirlhasapen and also like and comment.

Stay Awesome <3