021

HIM

I wonder how my days were filled before Alexandria and Ava entered it. I just finished up my work and now i have nothing to do. Recently my days have been filled with movie nights and afternoons out for ice - cream, even Tristan was warming up to me now, not that I blame him for hating me initially. I went to Brendan's house to hangout but ended up listening to him whine like a love sick puppy about how his date from the previous night was not picking up his calls or responding to his messages. The time that I spent there felt longer than it actually was probably 'cause I was in a hurry to get home to 'my girls', I don't remember the last time I was so eager to go home to someone.

The front door was open when I got there, shaking my head at Alexandria's forgetfulness I locked the door behind me. The living room was empty, so was our room and my office and the kitchen and every other guest room. My heart was going on a rampage in my chest, I saw Ava in her room but that only made it worse, Alexandria would never leave her alone in the house.

What if she left?

Why would she leave her child behind?

Maybe she got tired and left her for me to take care of?

So that you can poison her with your cooking?

I stopped the battle with my subconscious as I called her, she had to have her phone with her but my hope was squashed when I heard the familiar ringtone from downstairs. A million and one things that could have happened flashed through my mind. I called Tristan but he hadn't seen her, then her dad, then her brothers, then Sheila but nobody had seen her.

30 minutes later they were all at our place and I told them what happened. "I just got home, Ava and Alexandria went out together in the morning but when I got back the car they took was in the driveway and Ava was in her room asleep but Alexandria wasn't at home, her phone is in the living room and the front door was open"

"Have you called the police" her dad asked looking worried

"Don't I have to wait 48 hours before I can file for a missing person report" I asked

"No you idiot, that's a myth they use in books and Movies" that was from Tristan

"I'll go and do that" Edward offered already dialing on his phone

"I'll go check on Ava" Sheila said going upstairs

Everyone else just lingered while I was pacing a hole into the floor.

"Don't you have security cameras or something?" Tristan asked

"No, but the estate has CCTV at the entrances" I suddenly remembered, there would be footage of anyone entering or exiting. "I'll go and check the first entrance"

"I'll go with you"Tristan offered

"No, you go and check the second entrance tapes" I said pulling on my shoes

"You're not thinking straight, they won't show me the tapes since I'm not a resident. I'll follow you to the first then we'll go to the second together" he said being the voice of reason. I know I wasn't thinking straight but how could I. A few minutes later we had watched the security tapes for the past 5hours in 30 minutes (sped up).

Then we went to the second entrance and did the same. About 3 hours in an unidentified car was seen entering. "Stop the footage" Paxton said once the security pointed out that it wasn't a resident's car. We wrote down the plate number and continued the video

The windows of the car were tinted, it went in and came back 15 minutes later it was seen leaving. "Wait!" Tristan shouted and we stopped the video again. "I've seen that car before"