102

"He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same; and Linton's is as different as a moonbeam from lightening, or frost from fire."

- Catherine Earnshaw

- - -

"Please fasten your seatbelts as we prepare to descend" the pilot announces as the plane slowly descends to the runway and taxis to a stop.

A car is already waiting to take them to the hotel they'll be staying at - the Lipto's hotel was the most high class hotel in Hawaii, it hosts most actors, actresses, polititians, masicians and of course Ceo's who come here for business or pleasure.

"Mommy, I'm hungry" Ava whined as the got to the hotel

"I told you to eat on the plane"

"I did"

"4 crackers don't count as food"

"I also took a juicebox"

Alex sighs dejectedly, knowing this argument wasn't going anywhere "Excuse me, where can we get lunch?" she asked a passing hotel staff

"There is a rooftop restaurant on the... well roof. I would recommend the crab, they let you pick it live and you can watch them prepare it"

"I don't want to eat crab"

"You can have something else, chicken, fish"

"Do they have pancakes?" she asked bouncing from foot to foot, her eyes going so wide "Are Hawaiian pancakes different from the pancakes at home ?"

"Let's find out" she replies with a chuckle

"I'm gonna explode" Ava said holding her belly while stuffing her face with waffles.

"Baby, can you wait here, I need to make a call"

"mm-mmh" she nodded

Alex sighed dialing his number... Hi, this is Paxton, I'm probably in a meeting or hanging with my girls, leave a message after the beep

She let out a sarcastic chuckle at the irony "Hey Paxton, please call me back, we have to talk about what happened. I think... umm.. just call me back. Thanks"

She released a long sigh before returning to the table where Ava was struggling to keep her eyes open. She signaled to the waiter for the check.

"Baby, let's go up... well down to the room so you can nap, before we go shopping for..."

"Shopping?!" she shouted, drawing attention from the entire restaurant.

"Yes, we are going shopping"

"Do they have a stationery shop here?"

"I'm sure we can find one around here. Let's get a car hired to take us to the mall"

"Where's Mr. Jeffrey?"

"He's back at home"

"Okay"

"Okay" she said, leaving a tip on the table. They got their room key from the reception and asked for the receptionist to call a cab to take them to the mall. They shower, changed back into the clothes they were wearing and went to meet the cab downstairs.

3 hours and 17 shops later, they exited the mall with an entirely new wardrobe in colorful shopping bags, stuffed in a cart.

"Momma...?"

"Yes darling?" she answered hesitantly, having a pretty solid idea where this was going.

"Why did you say no when da- Paxton asked you to be his wife... I thought you loved him"

"Umm, baby..."she started, kneeling to meet her eye level "I promise I'll answer any question you have, as best as I can answer them, but can we get back to the hotel first?" she nodded and they continued walking. She was halted by the sound of her phone ringing but sighed in relief when she say Bailey's face and name flash across the screen.

"Heeeey Bailey, So sorry I forgot to call you, we made the flight and we're here now"

"That's great to hear, Miss Donovan. How are the accommodations?"

"I like the room, Thank you for setting it all up Bailey, what would I do without you?"

"You'd hire another assistant" she replies with a giggle

"Oh Bailey, I need you to confirm all my meetings for the next week and forward them to my mail"

"Okay boss"

"You really need to stop calling me that. When are you flying in?"

"I got here yesterday ma'am"

"Oh? Where are you staying?"

"I have some family in the area, I'm going to stay with them for a few more days and then I'll get a hotel room"

"No problem Bailey enjoy the break" she says entering the car as the driver offloads the shopping cart into the trunk

"Yes Miss Donovan. Do you need anything else?"

"When I do, I'll send you a message or call, till then, have a nice night Bailey, and please, call me Alex"

"Goodbye boss. Give the peanut a kiss for me"

The car ride was uneventful, lulled Ava to sleep 5 minutes into it.

"Don't bother mademoiselle, I will assist the hotel staff in moving the bags upstairs, you just worry about the little one" the short grouchy driver says, shooing her away from the trunk.

The room has a sophisticated feel to it, grey walls with dark furniture, it has a sitting area with a minibar and a flat screen Television along with a king sized bed where she lay Ava on before going to have a shower and arranging everything in place.

Finding nothing else to do with her hands, she picked up her phone...

"Hi, this is Paxton, I'm probably in a meeting or hanging with my girls, leave a message after the beep" the voicemail ends with the sound of Ava giggling in the background.

Alex moves to lay on the bed and brushes the tendrils from Ava's face. "I wish I had all the answers baby, I wish I knew why I couldn't... say yes" she chuckles briefly as she feels a tear slide down and wet the bed "I want to be happy, I want us to be happy, I want you to have a daddy who loves you and treats you like a princess... and he does that, I know he does that. Then why is this so hard?"

"It's okay momma, I'm here, don't be sad" Ava climbs on her momma, hugging to questions away, even if it was just a second.

- - -

Hey guys, follow my instagram @ glimmering_moon_light and @agirlhasapen