Epilogue... or not

"Everyone, at some point in their lives, wakes up in the middle of the night with the feeling that they are all alone in the world, and that nobody loves them now and that nobody will ever love them, and that they will never have a decent night's sleep again and will spend their lives wandering blearily around a loveless landscape, hoping desperately that their circumstances will improve, but suspecting, in their heart of hearts, that they will remain unloved forever. The best thing to do in these circumstances is to wake somebody else up, so that they can feel this way, too."

― Lemony Snicket

It has been 3 months since the whole kidnapping fiasco and a whole chain of events had taken place since then. The police were searching for Lucas but he was still nowhere to be found

Alex and Ava moved out of the house but still within the estate. Alex and Paxton were still dating and the companies had merged a month ago.

Paxton, Alex and Ava were going out this evening to the amusement park they had their very first date. He had something planned for the night.

They went on ride after ride. having the time of their lives.

"Lets go through the tunnel of loooooove" Paxton said wiggling his eyebrows suggestively making Ava giggle and Alex roll her eyes.

"Fine" they gave the attendant the ticket but then Paxton stayed back to whisper something in his ear, slipping another $100 in his hand. Half way through the ride, the ride stopped suddenly. "What's wrong?" Alex asked looking around

"Shortcake, calm down" he saw a tinge of pink colour on her cheeks. She loved it when he called her that. "I had something I needed to say and I wanted to do it in private, please don't say anything till I'm done" he looked to Ava "You too sweetheart"

"Alex, I know the circumstances that brought us together were not the most conventional of methods but i'm grateful for that everyday. I dont know exactly when I fell in love with you but I know everything that made me fall for you. At the beginning I wanted nothing to do with you but now I cannot can imagine my life without both of you in it. I wanna grow old with you and I wanna see you grow up so Ava will you do me the honor of becoming my daughter and Alex will you be my wife? " He finished getting on his knee and bringing out a necklace and ring from his pocket.

"YES!!!!!!" Ava screamed, jumping on Paxton, engulfing him in the apparent equivalent of a monster hug. They were so caught up in their moment that they didn't notice that Alexandria hadn't said anything but then they did. They both paused their excitement and turned to Alexandria who looked to be in shocks

"Alexandria?" Paxton said, hating the silence. She looked at him and her eyes said everything... well, not everything but the main thing.

"No"

-One awkward car ride later-

"Bye sweetheart, I'll see you later" Paxton said, placing a kiss on her forehead. He turned around to go to his place but....

"Paxton, wait!!!!" Alexandria shouted but he kept walking.

"Please, let me explain" she tried again and he stopped

"What is there to explain huh......?"he asked "I proposed and you said no so tell me what else is there to say?"

"Paxton, please just listen." She grabbed his hand and he stopped and turned to face her. "I love you Paxton, you know I do but I don't love you enough to be married to you, at least not yet. It won't be fair on either of us if I said yes because I was to scared to say no."

"Please don't alienate yourself from us. Ava just said yes to being your daughter. I'm not gonna bring up the fact that you didn't ask me before you did anything but because I trust you. We can work on a joint custody agreement."

"Is that all?"

She sighed knowing his pride was still hurt "Yes"

Then he turned his back and walked away.