018

HER

We stopped at the house so I could change even though what I'm wearing is casual. I swapped my outfit for something sporty 'cause you could never go wrong with joggers and sneakers.

I added a face cap just cause.

The car ride was spent catching up on stuff at home, Edward still lived in the house because we didn't feel okay leaving dad alone in that big house although he tells us not to worry we sometimes catch him staring at my mom's number on his phone and spacing out.

The ride was short and we eventually pulled up in the parking lot of a club that just opened up and judging by the number of cars parked inside must be packed. Ed offered me his arm to walk inside (Force of habit from all the gala's, he didn't mind attending) and I accepted. Edward usually used me as an excuse not to bring any girls to those kinds of events and it was impossible to be mad since I was doing the same.

A blast of the Air conditioner met us at the door as we entered. It was a wonder how this place remained cold with all the body heat being generated on the dance floor alone. The band - broken rubber was already on the make-shift stage playing one of their numbers and that's when I started looking around noticing the familiar faces. I spotted Holly in a booth with a drink in her hand along with more faces I couldn't put names to.

I lost Ed on the way to the bar, a few people (everyone that saw her face) stopped me to say hi. I had to admit, most of the people I remembered by name were the ones that had made names for themselves. There were a few actresses, some from commercials, some from movies, chefs with popular restaurants, big name journalists and many others.

It was kinda hard holding a conversation with people you hardly knew and managing not to seem bored when they wanted to know about my company or make business deals with their upstarting ones. I get that it's hard to make connections in the business world but that was the exact reason I practically ran away from work. I was in a conversation with someone, one that did not revolve around work when I thought I saw Shelia so I excused myself and went in the direction I thought I saw her going.

When I turned the corner I was beyond shocked, it was Shelia that I saw but that's not what surprised me, it was the person she was with. I sincerely never thought I would see him again Luke Snow.

We dated through high school and college, I was undeniably in love with him and he knew that. He knew that and he still left without saying goodbye.

Flashback

Luke missed another one of our date nights because he had work to do, this was the third time in two weeks. Amy kept saying that I shouldn't trust him but I had no reason to doubt him, we are the perfect couple, we've been together for 3 and a half years. The next date night came and he didn't show so I decided to take the date to his apartment off campus. I had a spare key, why wouldn't I?, he was my boyfriend and future husband.

I walked inside and dropped the burgers I had gotten on the way in the kitchen. He would be in the study so I put the burgers and fries in a plate, then poured two glasses of juice. He still had the strawberry flavor - my favorite, even though he hated strawberry flavored anything, that made me smile. I was excited as I walked to the study, I couldn't wait to see the look on his face when he saw me but I had to wait 'cause he wasn't there and half of his books were missing from the shelf and there were some boxes on the floor. I dropped the tray and went round the house but I just saw the same thing everywhere, half packed boxes .

I called Luke's number but it went to voicemail, the first, second, third time. Come to think of it I hadn't heard from him since the last time he cancelled on me. I sat down and ate the burgers thinking of where he could be. I was washing down the food with my juice when I heard the door open. I jumped up and went to interrogate Luke on why he wasn't piking his calls but it wasn't Luke.