Two

"Why don't you just talk to him, man? He's just a person. Plus, he seems nice!"

Geoff sighed, "You know it's not that easy, Sam."

It was early, ten minutes until the shop opened for the day.

"But it is, Geoff."

"Just go up and start a conversation, small talk."

"But isn't that too random? Like-"

"Or you could just leave him love letters on the side of his coffee cups." Sam said sarcastically, laughing at his own words.

"Wait, that actually isn't a bad idea..."

"No, dude, I was just joking."

Geoff didn't respond, too lost in thought to continue the conversation.

~

Awsten sat at his usual table, waiting for his name to be called.

The small coffee shop was surprisingly busy this morning. Awsten didn't mind that so much though.

He opened his journal to continue where he left off in his writing, but was caught off guard before he could get a single word down.

"Awsten!"

Awsten closed the book once again and walked up to the counter only to be handed his drink by someone else, the other barista.

"Thanks." He mumbled.

Sam grinned, "No problem."

Awsten quickly shuffled back to his seat, reopening his journal and taking a sip of his drink but something quickly caught his eye.

He lifted the cup to fully read what was written on the side next to his name

'Hi :)
- Geoff'

It was so simple, a small nothing written in the blank space of a paper cup.

But still, Awsten found himself blushing.