Eight

"Geoffffff..." Sam sighed.

"Yo, Geoff!"

"Come on, man." He said, punching his arm somewhat aggressively.

"Ow, jeez! What was that for?" Geoff said, rubbing his arm.

"I've been trying to get your attention for the past five minutes and you've just been staring off into space! More than usual, that is." He complained, mumbling the last part.

"Fine, fine, I'm sorry."

Sam sighed.

It was about ten minutes before the shop opened and Geoff was supposed to be helping Sam take the chairs off the tables.

"So... Any special reason you haven't been listening to a single word I've for the past five minutes?" Sam started.

"You really wanna know?"

Sam quickly sat down at a table and put his head in his hands, looking up at Geoff with curiosity.

"Pleaseeeeee, sister. What's the tea?!"

"Please never say that again." Geoff said, sitting down across from him.

"Whatever, just tell me how your date went last night!"

"Well uh... He took me to his apartment building an-"

"Pshh, a little forward, huh?" Sam laughed.

"Let me finish. So yeah, he took me to his apartment building and we went up to the roof and we kinda just sat and looked out at the city lights. It was really pretty."

"And?" Sam pushed.

"And, I held his hands and we told each other stuff. Then he wrote something in his journal and showed it to me. And some other stuff happened..." Geoff admitted, hoping his friend didn't pick up on the last part.

"Did y'all kiss?"

Geoff made a 'tsk' sound.

"N- No. We aren't that forward it's not like-"

Sam gasped, "You did!!!"

"It was just on the cheek, alright!"

"Did he kiss you or did you kiss him?"

"I kissed him..." Geoff mumbled.

Sam smiled from ear to ear.

"Dude! I'm so happy for you!!"

Geoff blushed, "Yeah yeah..."

"Well, looks like your prince will be showing up shortly." Sam said, checking his phone and getting up to flip the sign on the door to 'open'.

Geoff suddenly felt nervous.

He pushed his chair back in and joined Sam behind the counter.

"You nervous?"

"Yeah, I don't know why."

"Nah man, that's normal."

"If you say so."

~

Business went on for the first half hour before Sam tapped Geoff on the shoulder.

"Hey, he's here." He whispered, making Geoff turn away from the drink he was making.

Sure enough, the boy with the light purple hair and a black sweater stood at the doorway with the same look of nervousness written on his face.

He walked up to the counter and blushed when his eyes locked with Geoff's.

"H-hi. He smiled.

"Hi."

"Um, the usual."

Geoff nodded, also blushing.

After turning to give Sam the order, he turned back to face the boy.

"Y-you know. I had a really nice time last night." Awsten confessed.

"Yeah," Geoff breathed "so did I."

"If you get the chance could you come sit with me? Just for a little bit."

Geoff smiled.

"Yeah, I will."

~

The next hour went by busily, Geoff and Awsten stealing glances from across the room.

Things finally slowed down a bit so that Geoff could fulfil his promise to the boy.

"Hey, could you cover me for like ten minutes?"

Sam looked over in the direction Geoff was only to see the two giving each other heart eyes.

"Yeah, dude. Go have fun."

Geoff laughed, heading over in Awsten's direction.

"Hey."

"Hey." Awsten smiled as Geoff sat down across from him.

Almost immediately, Geoff reached his hand across the table to interlock his fingers with Awsten's.

Some people would think that it was too soon or even that the two were "moving too fast".

But none of that mattered. Everything just felt natural between the two boys.

A few minutes had gone by, neither of them noticing.

They were too busy getting lost in each other's eyes to notice.

Geoff finally broke the silence after five minutes.

"You're beautiful."

Awsten blushed, looking down at their hands.

"I don't believe you."

Geoff smiled, lifting Awsten's chin with his other hand so they were looking each other in the eyes again.

"Then I will tell you every day until you believe me."

Awsten blushed harder.

Another minute of silence went by before Geoff spoke once again.

"Come over tonight."

Awsten hummed, looking back up at the other.

"Alright."