Seven

The walk through the inner parts of the city seemed longer due to the cold weather.

But luckily Awsten held onto Geoff's hand without thought.

"So, where are we going exactly?" Geoff asked quizzically.

"You'll see."

Geoff sighed, his hot breath showing in the cold November air.

"Okay. I trust you."

~

The two walked a few more blocks before Awsten stopped in front of a tall apartment building.

He opened the doors, scanned himself in, and headed towards the elevator.

Geoff followed without question, his mind racing with curiosity.

The two made their way up to the last floor and to a door towards the end of the hall.

"Alright, we're here."

"Is this your apartment?"

"Yes, but you'll see why I brought you here." Awsten answered, unlocking his door and entering the small apartment.

"Don't take off your coat."

Geoff was very confused at this point, but followed the boy through the apartment to what seemed to be his bedroom.

"Okay okay, I know you're probably really confused, but just follow my lead."

Awsten stepped up onto the bed and unlocked and opened the window that was located on the wall beside it.

Stepping out onto the fire escape, Awsten turned back to grab Geoff's hand.

The purple haired boy followed first up the latter and to a platform just two feet from the ledge of the roof.

He pushed himself up and peeked down at Geoff from the top.

Geoff followed his movements and joined him at the top.

"Now come over here." Awsten said quieter than before.

They walk over and sit down on the concrete so that they're facing the city in front of them.

Both were quiet, taking in the bright lights in contrast to the dark sky.

"I thought you weren't gonna bring me somewhere cold." Geoff whispered, laughing quietly.

"I just didn't want you to miss out on this."

Their eyes stayed locked on the view in front of them before Geoff shifted his gaze to take in the boy next to him.

His pale skin glowing in the distant light, his hair blowing ever so softly in the wind, the way he stared out with such wonder and contentment on his face.

Awsten turned to look back at him and Geoff smiled.

"Hi."

"Hi."

Both boys shifted so they were fully facing each other.

Geoff took this opportunity to take Awsten's hands in his.

"Tell me something."

Awsten hummed, "like what?"

"Like," Geoff paused "something no one else really knows about you."

Awsten chuckled softly, "well, I, I guess I seem pretty confident and stuff on the outside. But on the inside... I'm so self conscious of everything I say and do- like the world is just sitting and waiting for me to make a wrong move. I guess it's why I don't talk to many people and rarely open up."

Geoff was silent for a moment, squeezing Awsten's hands lightly.

"You know you didn't have to tell me all that. I- I'm sorry if I made you feel pressured or-"

"I wanted to." Awsten cut him off, looking him in the eyes. "I don't know why but... I just feel comfortable with you. Like, with you the world can't see me. And I... I trust you, I guess. That probably sounds stupid since we just started officially talking but, yeah."

Geoff was quiet.

"... I've been fucked over a lot of times in my life. Friends, family, significant others, they've all done it. I don't know why. But I always blamed myself. Now, I rarely trust anyone and really don't have many friends besides Sam. I haven't been with someone in years and have been so afraid to take that chance again. Just afraid I'll get hurt again." Geoff confessed, much to Awsten's reassurance.

Geoff looked back up.

"But I trust you."

Suddenly, Awsten removed his hand from Geoff's and searched through his coat pocket, pulling his journal from it.

He removed his other hand and opened to the page marked by his pen and wrote something down quickly.

Geoff watched as he passed the small book over to him and read the words written in ink.

'Let's keep each other safe from the world.'