Nine

Geoff spent about 10 minutes looking at himself in the mirror.

It was 7:04, Awsten would be here at 7:30.

Geoff didn't know why, but he was freaking out over his appearance.

After a few more minutes of second guessing, Geoff finally decided to give himself a break and left his bedroom mirror.

He went out to the main room and sat on the couch, turning on the tv and searching for something to watch.

He decided on some random Marvel movie that was on, just to pass the time.

Although not caring much, he kept his eyes locked on the screen until he heard a sudden knock at he door.

He jumped at the sound, snapping back into reality as he stood up to answer the door.

He smoothed his hair out once more before opening the door, his eyes immediately attracted to the site in front of him.

~

"You seem conflicted."

Awsten sighed, pulling his knees up to his chest as he sat in front of his friend.

"It's not that I'm conflicted, I'm just..."

"Scared?"

"Yeah... Maybe, I don't know." Awsten buried his face in his arms.

"Ya gotta stop being so hard on yourself, Aws." He paused as the distraught boy looked up again, "It seems like Geoff really likes you. And you really like him!"

Awsten blushed when so much emphasis was put on the word used to describe how much he likes Geoff.

"You just have to let go. I know it's easier said then done but I know you can do that. Geoff seems genuine, don't hold back so much- especially if you feel this strongly towards him."

Awsten sat and thought for a minute.

He was right.

"You're right. Thank you, Jawn."

"Hey, what're friends for?" He said, punching him in the knee playfully.

Awsten laughed.

"Now, go get ready for your date."

~

"Do I really look that good?" Awsten laughed.

Geoff snapped out of his trance and look up at the boy's face, blushing from embarrassment.

"Hey, don't be embarrassed. 'S cute how much you stare, actually."

"R-Really?"

Awsten laughed, "yeah, loser. Now let me in."

"I'm loving this confidence." Geoff said, closing the door behind him.

"Just happens sometimes. Not all the time, but sometimes." He paused, "also happens when I get more comfortable around people."

Awsten followed Geoff as he made his way to the center of the room and sat down on the couch.

"So, what do you wanna do?" Geoff asked.

"Wow, really thought you'd plan this out better." Awsten joked.

"Well this was all last minute anyway so you thought wrong."

Awsten smiled, his tongue poking out of his mouth.

"God you're adorable."

"What was that?" Awsten asked, pretending he didn't hear what he said.

"You heard what I said."

"No, no I really didn't." Awsten smiled, his head moving closer while they faced each other.

"Well if you're going to make me repeat it, I said you're adorable."

"You're not too bad yourself, you know?"

"Hmm, really?"

"Yeah, really."

The two leaned in, looking each other in the eyes just before they closed.

Before anything could happen, Geoff quickly moved his face at the last second, kissing Awsten's cheek instead.

Awsten moved back and gasped dramatically.

"You did that on purpose!"

"Maybe." Geoff smirked, unable to hide his smile.

Awsten shook his head.

"Sometime tonight..."