Prologue

"Maaa!" Putting three cups of steaming hot tea on the wooden tray Ipshita called her mother in a controlled yet higher pitch, angling her face a bit up before she headed out of the kitchen towards the patio.
"Yeah! We are out here!" Tuli replied matching the pitch of her daughter, looking up a bit from the envelopes of mails she had in her hand. Her eyes lowered again to continue scanning through each one of those. On the chair in front of her, sat Shuvro in his crisp white Pajama-Panjabi enjoying every bit of the leisure of the Sunday morning. Age had certainly done its deed on the looks of both with its touches and highlights of grey hair of experience along with the seriousness of wrinkles.
"Oh my! Paromita is getting married!" Tuli chirped. The excitement of the happy surprise stayed very evident in her tone.
"Paromita who?" In a bored tone asked her husband who's face stayed hidden behind the day's The Telegraph. With a serious frown on his forehead, he was rather interested in knowing the current economic state of the country and a certain minister's approach towards it.
"Paromita! Progyaparomita, Butu and Pulu's daughter!" Tuli explained still reading the red and gold wedding invitation card in her hand. This time the names caught Shuvro's attention and folding an upper corner of the newspaper with the index figure of his right hand he looked at his wife.
"How do you know?"
"Though this!" Tuli held up the invitation. "We are invited." She smiled and fished out her phone to get in contact with Pulu to chat about the news. But her husband's face failed to be infected by Tuli's excited face and deepening his frown further looked down at the card as if it was some kind of foreign drug and then leaving newspaper picked it up to examine further.
"Over two decades, not even a peep of contact for even once and now, here lies an invite. Come!" He scoffed.
"Well, for two decades you two egoistic morns haven't a peep of contact. I and Pulu always stayed in touch." She rolled her eyes at his scowling face.
"Well forgive me, I am not going!"
"Oh don't be like that! It's their daughter's marriage Shuvro! Remember you have one too!"
"Well, in that they are not getting invited that's for sure."

"Who's getting married?" Placing the tray of the cups on the table on the patio, asked Ipshita, as her eyes caught the glance of the red wedding invite and ear grabbed a bit of her parents' discussions.
"Oh, remember after returning to India we went to Delhi for some days and stayed Butu uncle's house! His daughter." Tuli tried to paint a picture leading her daughter to the memory lane to evoke some excitement in her so that Tuli could have a supporter in her team against her unwilling husband. But the blank and lost face of her daughter turned her down. So she tried again. "Remember Paromitadi. You two were so good friends. She gifted you a very pretty Barbie Ipu!"
"Tuli, she was five. I really don't think she remembers any of it!" Suvro commented sipping his tea. The satisfying taste of the tea that his daughter had made lit up his face.
"Six! She was six!" Scowling at her husband she corrected the facts. "And also Ipu broke her hand remember! While playing with Butu's son... What's his name! Akash!" And looked at her daughter. "You don't remember any of it!"
Ipsita's lower lip rolled out to answer in negation but before she could utter a word the growl from her father silenced the discussion. "That was at his house? That's it! We are not going Tuli! End of discussion!"

***

"What is it?" Anindya looked up at Akash, his son who sat on the couch with a quizzical expression on his face. "That's the deal you made with the wedding planner?"
"That's the best deal one can make." Having a painfully boring face on the junior Chatterjee replied. "And not to mention very reasonable!"
"Do you think yourself as the son of Ambani?"
"In that case, I wouldn't be roaming in public transport and have demanded a Rolls Royce!" Tiringly Akash replied. After the day full of work he had to go to a meeting with the wedding planner which made him return home after the normal dinner time. Not a bone in his body was agreeing to listen to his father anymore. He screamed taking his mothers name asking for a glass of water.
Hearing the reply Butu'e nose flare up and this laid-back attitude with which he was demanding a glass of water instead of getting up at taking it himself just infuriated his rage. Grinding his teeth he looked up at his son and saw his wife to padding inside the room with a water. "This! This babying and more than necessary pampering of you have made him into this! Look at this shit of deal your highness Prince has made with the planners."
"Stop that! He has just returned Butu!" Poulee scowled.
"Right!" Scoffed her husband. "He was the one to coin this wedding planner in the picture. The sole intention of him is to turn all my savings into flame!"
With a jolt Akash stood up and strolled towards his room saying. "Ask your favourite daughter to do that. It's not my marriage!"
"Unlike you, she is busy in with work." Growl passed Butu's mouth ignoring his wife's glare. "And your marriage! What a joke! First, try and be responsible enough, and stop torning between what you want to do and what should be done! No father will give his daughter to someone who quits his job in every six months!"

Standing in the middle of his bedroom his hands started paining as the nails kept digging the skin for Akash's fist kept growing tighter. His jaw set tightly grinding against each other...

I hope you liked this part. Now you know the drill, VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! and comment. Should I continue posting? Are you guys intrigued? Tell me! Tell me...