Part 18

"What do you mean by they are coming?" Putting the phone off with frown of confusion gathering on her forehead, she looked up at her father questioningly.
"It means Abhijit's parents are coming with Abhijit. You two are gonna sit down talk, then you will apologize to them and get married." In a stern voice Shuvro replied to his daughter. Twenty four years were not enough to make a well decisive mind, he believed. Ipshita was just a kid! His kid! Even in his worst nightmare, he could not imagine such behaviours from her. The reason that could possibly trigger such a switch in her decision or behaviour, Shuvro couldn't even detect of after wrecking his brain all afternoon. His kid had never been disobedient or insensitive in her entire life. Ipshita was smart, rational and always considerate. Never in the history of her life, she had ever taken such an unreasonable decision. Shuvro could not be more proud of his daughter.
But now as he looked at her, he could not even recognize the person sitting in front of him looking like his beautiful loving daughter. Her eyes were blazing from mad annoyance. Her soft face became hard as the muscle of her jaw clenched.
The fire of anger inside Ipshita, that subdued in last hours triggered up again.
"There's is nothing to talk about Baba." Clenching her jaw, matching the coldness of her father's voice she replied. "It's done."
"Why are you behaving like this?" The dam of Suvro's patience kibbled. "What happened to you? Did anyone say anything to you? Tell me!"
"I told you what happened! Baba, he is not the one!"
"Eight years! It took eight years you were together and it took just a week earlier from the wedding day for you to realize that! One week. Next week Saturday you will be married by this time!" All the blood of Shuvro's body gathered on his face and the left side of his forehead started hurting.
"I will not. Baba, I don't love him and neither does he!"
"Did he say that to you?"
"I know that."
"Ipshita!" A sigh of despair came out of as dishearteningly and desperately he tried to reason with his daughter, a situation he never thought he will be in. Shuvro sat down on the bed, pinching the bridge of his nose with seething hand. "I just don't understand - why? He is such a nice guy. He loves you so much!"
Shurvo's face was suddenly evoking a fearful thought, that overwhelmed every bit of anger in his daughter. Quickly she scooted across beside her father and very cautiously wrapped her arms around him.
"Baba, please!" Putting her head on his chest she whispered through the tears that gathered around her eyes at the thoughts of something happening to her father. "Please calm down. Please realise, I didn't mean to cause a fuzz! I will not be happy, I don't love him..."
The sobbing voice of his daughter calmed down the boiling pressure of his blood. Holding her father tight in her arms the daughter kept telling what she was thinking, every fear and thoughts. All the anger started melting down a bit by bit. But  Shuvro's head suddenly felt so much heavier to him and things around him started turning greyish. As his daughter's voice kept calming him down, his left hand went up and started patting her head very tiringly.

*

After 7 of the evening, Abhijit and his parents came and knocked on the door of the Sengupta family.

"I was so shocked by this news! I never thought Ipshita could have this kind of thoughts!!!" Abhijit's mother said sharply throwing a poignant glare at Ipshita, who was sitting beside her father trying to almost hide behind him. "I mean just one week is left, what are we supposed to tell our relatives?"
"Exactly!" Tuli piped up. "And Abhijit how could you not tell anything to her?"
"Aunty I-" Abhijit tried to tell something but got interfered.
"what will he say and when will he? Ipshita just told him off and left!" His mother lashed out.
"Maa -"
"Raya!"
Two males of Devnath family spoke up.
"Aunty, I don't know what Abhijit has told you, but that's definitely not how it happen!" The stern calm voice of Shuvro's daughter declared.
"Oh hush Ipshita!" Raya, Abhijit's mother growled. "I am shocked even to see you have the audacity to say anything at this point!"

"Oh, but why won't I? I must have the most audacity and right to voice anything that I want! In fact, you are way out of your line!" Was what Ipshita wanted to say. The back of her mind wanted to lash out every bitterness it held. It wanted to scream so maybe somehow she could get relief from this situation.

But she did not. In a small yet rigid voice, she replied "I am sorry, but I don't think it would be good for us to get married!"
"Uh! This one sentence! This one sentence she has been chanting since then!" Her mother voiced her disappointment.
"But you two were together for years! You two love each other!" Abhijit's father argued.
"Huh! How much love was there, we all can see now!" Abhijit's mother jabbed.
"uncle we are not suitable for each other!" Ipsita declared.
"And how do you know this?" Abhijit piped.

When all of this was going around him, it seemed to Shuvro that somehow his head was going to burst. Everything inside him was feeling numb. He could not even feel his tongue and a shooting pain at the left part of his body was running up and down. Not a word of his surrounding was penetration his ear. Somehow he had come downstairs from Ipsita's room to sit here when Abhijit arrived and now the greatness in his eyesight grown darker was blackening everything around him.
"Tuli! Tuli!" He shrieked out with all his might but the sound it created came out like a mere whisper. "Ipshita!!!" He called out knowing that his daughter was beside him. But it was so feeble of a try, the sound got lost in all the chaos.
It wasn't until the tall strong upper body of him leaned on to his daughter's senselessly - any of the people in the room noticed anything.
"Baba! O, Baba!!!"
"Shurvooo!!!!"
The shrieks of Ipshita and Tuli fall into his ear from the distances before everything around him completely shut down...

So here is the part. Please VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!!! and comment...