Part 3

A\N: Here is the fresh chapter. Now you will see some unknown words look at the end for the meaning.
Again if I get enough votes I will update again the day after tomorrow otherwise next week.
Lastly, a very happy Kalipuja and Diwali to you guys. Enjoy!!! ♡

"Oh my god, Tuli! How much have your daughter grown up!!! You should start preparing for her marriage now!" A lady at her sixties beamed taking Ipshita's chin in her hand.
"And so pretty!!!" Another lady of the earlier woman's age commented. With a trained polite smile on her, Ipshita took the apparent compliment as from the corner of her eyes she could see her parent's proud glowing face smiling genuinely hearing their daughter's praising. They were certainly proud of her. Which parents wouldn't!
Ipshita was the perfect daughter - educated, cultured, poised, polite and oh so beautiful - an amalgamation of almost all the cultures of the world. With the mastered engineering degree in electrical science from best of the colleges in the city; now five job offers waiting for a node from her.
Talk about the perfect child!

"Uh! What are talking about her marriage! She is just twenty-three Jhinuk di! Even Akash is older than her!" Pulu's voice echoed through the living room.
"Yah! So is my two." Rupanjana added.
"Look!" Pulu skipped towards the couches in the living room where all these people were chattering. Her saree claded late fifty's figure was visually tired but there was not a pinch of exhaustion in her. Though in the way with a deep exhale Pulu sat on the couch, was expressing how much worked up she was.
The apartment of CR park in Delhi was buzzing with the sounds of the guest's chatting and some helping with the arrangements. Meanwhile some hours ago the Ipshita's family with her father's friends' got welcomed in here.  And now everyone sat in laid-back attitude chattering after the groom's party left handing the Tatwos to the bride's family.
Wiping the sweat beads from her forehead Pulu bubbled "Nare Ippu! Do not get married until you are ready!" The people could easily question about the possibility of despair in the tone something in Arun's mind was more important.
And he questioned, "and talking about your marriage Pulu, where is your husband?"
"I don't know!" Rolling her eyes Poulee replied. "He doesn't tell me where he is heading anyway. He comes and goes whenever and wherever he wants. I have stopped caring anyway." Dancing her hands in many poses Poulee blubbered with a mad expression. The people around her chuckled softly at the whimpering wife.
"Why is it same with every single one of these men?" Rupanjana growled throwing daggers at her husband.
"Excuse me I don't." Throwing his hand in the air Shuvro declared and then looked at his wife with having one eyebrow up. "Do I?" With an agreeing chuckle, Tuli shook her head.

Resting her head on her hand which had its elbow resting on her knee, Ipshita sat there amongst the elder generation trying to hide her bored face with a polite smile. She realised now that ever that how much she did that often. After they arrived here, one of her friends Amitabh disappeared chuckling and laughing trailing behind Akash.
Though Ipshita didn't mind Amit ditching her as one the twins were friends with Akash and his family from long back, and two, Rimli was there conversing with her and introducing her with everyone else including Patomita, who started reminiscing about their meeting in childhood - but a part of her wanted to be around this new guy who suddenly had entered in her life knocking every cell inside her. But with the Paromita's in-laws leaving, everyone just disappeared.
While everyone was busy with bidding the in-laws good buy Ipshita went to attend a call from her boyfriend Abhijit, and coming back inside realised not one single soul of her know other than her parents, Arun and Rupanjana, was there. Hence with an expressionless, she sat there sighing the boredom time and again.

Meanwhile, the boombox at the backyard of the house roared up with some peppy dance number and with almost at the cue Akash entered howling "Maa! Do we have any bottle opener or something like that?" Standing in front of the gathering he asked. With verbal and linguistic directions Poulee led him towards the kitchen cupboard.
"Oh, my-my! Look how much of work is you son doing Pulu!" Tulika beamed.
"Seriously!" Some of the guests agreed in unison and Poulee smiled. She knew how much of hard her husband was on Akash but she also knew how much her son could do once got determined. With the bottle opener and two bottles of Rum Akash appeared from the kitchen.
"I am taking these!"  With a cocky smile, he declared.
"Hey come here!" Jinuk waved her hand at him.
"Hey, are you guys having a party or what!" "Leave one bottle here for us!" Simultaneously Shuvro's and Arun's question came out.
"Yah, a little bit. Baba did not allow a bachalourate for didi so! Aaaaa...uh"  Reaching to Jinuk and having his cheeks pinched Akash chuckled. "So much of work my this little nephew is doing!" Jhinuk cooed.
"Hey, take this Ipshita with you guys!" Akash's mother ordered and Shuvro jumped up in his own seat. Squinting his eyes he started scanning Akash.
"Yah sure, come." Somehow freeing himself from his aunt's hands Akash ushered Ipshita matter of factly.

The indifference in his tone failed to charm Ipshita Roychoudhury. Maybe it was the butterflies in her stomach that stated expecting for a bit of zel in his voice. Slightly frowning she shook her head "no I am fine here." And instantly her brain started crying as it was exhausted of having dull moments. The back of her mind started bad mouthing her for denying the opportunity of partying and choosing an evening of snores.
What kind of lunatics could do that?
Maybe that was the question appeared in Akash's mind too as his bothe eyebrows bounced up looking down at Ipshita.
"What! Why?" Poulee asked mirroring her son's expression
"Oma! Ippu, are you having fun sitting with us older people now?" Rupanjana asked out of surprise as her husband, Arun kept arguing with Akash how as the kids were having a party, the elders deserve one too hence one bottle should be left here.
"Go and have fun!" Poulee insisted and instructed her son, "Hey, take care of her. She is youngest one among you people." Much to against Ipshita's likeness. Making herself into a kid in front of Akash was not her dream. She opened her mouth to utter something but the back of mind kept threatening that if she declined this time they would have no option but to boycott Ipshita.
She looked at Tuli and getting "go" with a node from her she stood up to trail behind Akash.
With another "come" leaving a half bottle of the alcohol Akash strolled out of the room.

*

The way of the backyard from the living room went down through the hallway that was hugging the ground floor from the main entrance to backyard. And although the house was buzzing and booming with sounds of the chatter and stereo the crowd was divided between the living room and the backyard. Hence as she started following Akash down the hallway lit with the twinkling fairy lights, the very sense of being all alone with him engulfed around Ipshita like a clock. The middle of February's air sprinkled a musty fragrance of all over her. Was that aftershave? She wondered. Butterflies erupted inside her stomach.
Why was this happening!
She had a boyfriend of years! She reminded herself.
Without sharing one word other than Akash's warning to her saying "there is a step, watch out" and "here we are!" as the entered the backyard - she stood at the doorway of the backyard.

"There you are! I was looking for you!" Chimmed Rimli rushing towards her.
"Oh ya! I was sitting there since ages now." In a bored voice Ipshita scowled memorizing the boredom of a moment ago.
"What! I asked your mum when we were coming out with everyone. She said she doesn't know so looked for you like everywhere." Rimli scowled back. "You must have been hiding somewhere having sweet talks with that boyfriend of yours." Ipshita just made a face at Rimli's face as a reply and moved forward saying "I need a drink."...

Now the meanings:-

Oma!- its an expression of getting surprised.
Nare - No no!

So, here was the update. Hope you like it. Was it a bit boring? I assure you the up coming chapters will be better. Now please Vote and leave comments those are a huge encouragement...