Part 21

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to those brave hearts who are fighting the present situation from the frontline.

Second,
With everything that's going around the world, I was not in a space to update this before.
Anyway, I hope all of you are healthy and happy with your family and friends right now.
Stay in and stay healthy you guys.

Now coming to the chapter,  many of you wanted to know what happened to Ratul and his family, we'll here's a glimpse of it.
I will post again tomorrow if I get enough votes on this, otherwise, it will come later. :P
Nevertheless, have this really long update while being in...

With the two screams of the alarm clock at 6 a.m, Rubel sat up on his bed. Rubbing his eyes he put his rimless glasses on and checked the notifications of his phone to see if there was any missed call or any emergency messages. Seeing nothing that sort he got up to head to the washroom.

After 5 laps around the nearby big joggers' park and 1 hour of freehand exercise, for it was his off day at his gym, Rubel returned home.
"Go have bath quickly, breakfast is ready." Renuka sitting at the living room with her cup of coffee and newspapers in her hand yelled at his son, upon seeing him rushing upstairs.

"Maa, stop sending pictures of those woman to me, I beg you!" Gorging on the pile of rice with the side dish of fish curry and daal, Rubel spoke up.
"Why not!" Renuka snapped up and his son sighed. "You are twenty-eight! Twenty-eight you are Bilu, if we don't start now, then when?"
"Mum! I don't want to get married now -"
"I mean! Even Ippu was getting married!"
"But she didn't -"
"It's not normal, I am telling you. If you like someone else, then tell me, I will be happy to meet her. Then we can even wait for two or three years, but you don't date, you don't want to find a bride of your own, you don't want me to find for you one either, you are not homosexual, what in lord's name is going on? I am your mother - tell me -"

Renuka continued with her ever-ready speech like always and Rubel kept eating in silence, sighing time to time at him mother. It was now an everyday conversation of the house.
After Ratul lost his life seven years ago after duelling with lung cancer for two years, twenty-three years old Rubel took up all the responsibilities of the household onto his own shoulder. The love story of his that had just started blooming at that time, couldn't survive the unforeseen withering change of his life losing his pillar. Hence after, he didn't visit that side of life again. Rubel plunged himself into a life of discipline, studying, job hunting and studying more. It took just one shot for him to crack the Civil service exam and got posted at high rank of the law an enforcement agency of the city.

After stuffing the breakfast and washing it down with a glass full of water, Rubel got up to wash his hands. The call from the driver of his official car informed that it was waiting outside and Rubel sighed in relief. His mother was still continuing with her argument about how the house needed a family, Rubel needed a wife and she herself needed grandchildren. Dodging her he rushed out of the house bidding her bye and rolling his eyes at the utter ridiculousness of all of her the logics.

The day Ratul died, Rubel didn't just lose his father. For him, Ratul was his everything, his best friend, his confidante, his guideline, his teacher, his coach - and the god damn pillar, and safety blanket for him and Renuka. Ratul was the huge umbrella upon him. After his death, very instinctively he slipped into his father's shoes very inherently as the man of the house. Taking care of his mother became his foremost priority which later turned in to his lifestyle. Renuka sometimes would wonder just when her little boy became the guardian of the house when it was supposed to be the other way around. Worries would haunt her thinking about the future. Her such a catch of a son was turning into hermit day by day. Parents of unmarried women were queuing for her jewel of a son. But every time she would bring up the topic herself or through someone else, asking them to make him understand - he would toss it down saying, "What if my wife doesn't get well with you maa?"