Part 8

With awe in her eyes and mouth parted in ajar, she stood looking at the Two hundred and forty feet tall tower of Qutub Miner in front of her.
"How tall is it?" Unconsciously she whispered. Her tone vividly giving out the amazement in her voice. Akash answered her but she was not sure she heard it or not.
The surrounding was crowded than usual for being it weekend. Couples, families and tourists were roaming here and there. Among them, a guide's voice reached up to Ipshita's ears. The guide was explaining the history of the structure.
"Started by Qutub Ud-din Aibok and finished by his son Iltutmis -" the guide was explaining.
"He was his son in law." Akash's hiss interrupted Ipshita's hearing of the guide's narration. She with a jolt looked back at him and found him looking at the guide with a hideous frown. "And also, Tughlak finished this structure, not Iltutmis." He said. Getting a challenge to his narration the guide with a frown jolted his face to the intruder who looked back at him with an equally irritated face. The tourists who were listening to the guide till now with attention now looked confused so he ushered his tourists to move ahead. Akash looked at them going for a bit and then looked up at the miner. The ardent history student in him felt betrayed and somewhat in his own mind murmured "the first ever emblem of colonization in India." Then being conscious a bit looked down at Ipshita to witness how she was looking at him with confusion.
"In the 13th century," licking his lips Akash started speaking "after conquering the last Hindu realm on India Qutub Ud-din started building this structure - now the intention is debatable. Some say it's the sign of the triumph of Islam, some say its the tower of prayer. For me -" Walking towards the tower having Ipshita beside him Akash kept telling like a story to her. And with amazement, she kept listening. The utmost passion with which he narrated enchanted her like a fairytale teller. "- it's just History. It tells so many stories only if you listen properly. So Qutub Ud-din could not finish it he built just the basement, so his son in law - his successor Iltutmis, built the next three stories. And then Tughlak built the rest two. You can actually see the architecture of the three periods -"

Akash kept telling and being enchanted she kept listening to him. Wondering, when she watched him flirting with the friends of his sister, shamelessly and endlessly - where must he had concealed this person. This person who was so seriously and passionately describing to her about the tower made of sand bricks, with his two big eyes shining brighter than the sun in the sky. She could vouch that they were not as bright as this morning.

*

"We are not allowed to go up there?" Chewing her upper lip unmindfully, Ipshita asked. Her eyes pinned at the top of the tower.
"No." Replied Akash. "There was some stumped situation - people got killed and then... They banned it." He said looking at the top as well. Then something struck him and he looked at her. The bright midday sun was illuminating her face as squinting her eyes she looked up very keenly. "Do you want to go up?" Words came out before he realised what he was about to promise her.
"Yeah! I mean who doesn't?" Ipshita shrugged matter of factly. "But-"

Biting his moustache Akash contemplated something looking at her, noticing how her apparent black hair was looking chestnutt brown now, as the sun reflected upon it. And then letting out a "Wait here." he ran off.
"What?" Detaching her eyes from the top of the tower she whispered to the air that filled the empty place where Akash was standing.

*

"Come!"
After fifteen minutes he returned with a winning smirk on his face.
"Where?" Suspiciousness gathered Ipshita's eyebrows together on her forehead.
"You need to start trusting me, you know!"
"Then you need to start behaving like a normal human, you know!"
"Normal! What's that?"
"Akashda we need to go back. You will be late-"
"And you miss," inching closer to her he grabbed her hand and put his gaze in her chocolate brown irises. "-need to come with me fast, otherwise it's your loss." Looking back at his big honey brown eyes, that had bid lashes around them - almost like being under a spell of genie, Ipshita followed him. "And stop calling me 'da'." He whimpered.
"What?"

*

Within another thirty minutes, they were at the top of the tower.
The view of the whole city took both of their already hitched breath away. It looked like a huge garden around and all the buildings and the historical building around the tower looked like small saplings of flowers. And up all around one could not fathom the measure the land. The gaze could not meat a limit. It seemed the land where the sky meets the field was very much experienceable.
"What did you say to the guards?" Ipshita questioned catching up on her breath and looking at the horizon bewilderedly.
Through the back door which was only used by the stuff for maintenance, the duo went up for the main entrance was locked. While going through the door looking around very cautiously the guard whispered: "Don't take much time sir, be quick." And put one subordinate stuff of them, who was now staring at both of them with a confused furrowing face, as a guide to them.

Akash didn't reply but kept staring at the view with fascinated enchantment in his gaze.
Without getting a reply for a few minutes she looked at him.
The maddening wind at this height getting a playmate after so long was so delighted. Hence it was playing both of their hair like a two-year-old mischievous imp.
His unruly hair was continuously flapping upon his forehead while his wavy thick black mane engaged in dual with the wind. Squinting his wide yet deeply sculptured eyes, to negate the poking of the hair, Akash looked at the horizon. His subtle stubble created an afternoon shadow on his tanned complexion flattering the square of his sharp jawline and his thick blush pink lips set in a straight line. Putting his hands on the fence his tall figure towered over the edge.
Looking at the man and the background she failed to decide which was more bewitching...

So here was the part. Now please VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! and comment...