Part 23

A/N: So I have something to say. Please read this before you start reading the chapter. I wrote this chapter a while back but then I was in a dilemma whether I should put in the story cause this is not a romantic one neither concerns the two main lead together. But I decided to keep it cause you know what I wish to build Ipshita's character a bit, to introduce her to you to know her better and for that this is really important so please stay with me. Also, I am posting two chapters together today. So hope you like it.
Hope you guys are safe. Take care.

Now read...

"Congratulations!"
"Congratulations!"
"Congratulations!"

The whole room filled with murmurs as Ipshita walked through the swarm of her colleagues, shaking their hands with a smile, towards her new cabin.
"Ipshita Roychoudhury. Department Head." - it said in bold letters on the door.
It was indeed a success. A small success if one measured the road ahead but a huge leap if gone by the distance that had been covered.

Walking inside the cabin she had promoted into, a smug smile filled her beautiful face. Hard work of three years and all those sleepless nights had finally paid off. A knock on the door made her turn around.

"Do I have to knock like this from now on?"

Ipshita's smile turned into a bright grin looking at her best friend's beaming face on the doorway.

"Certainly! Always keep that in mind." She chuckled cheekily.

Throwing her head back as she laughed Riti hurried inside the room to pinch Ipshita's face making her wince. "Khawa! Khawa! Treat! Treat! Treat -" she kept yelling while Ipshita wiggled to get out of Riti's hands.

*

"So, leaving Abhijit was indeed a good idea huh?" Leaning on the shoulder of the high stool of the Hoppipola, a local pub, Artriya asked looking at Ipshita dancing her eyebrows that evening. Humour twinkled in her big almond eyes.

Ipshita threw a glare at her and Riti let out a chuckle. "A cabin load of a good idea." She interjected. And both of the best friends of Ipshita started laughing.

"Sure! Hob on the drinks I paid for and trash talk about me, why don't you two?" Ipshita rolled her eyes.

"Seems like a plan!" Artriya held up her hand holding a shot glass of tequila and clinked it with the one Riti held up. Another round of laughter followed by another round of Ipshita's growling.

"Why didn't Ajopa come?" Ipshita queried Riti to divert the continuous stupid topic and regretted instantly upon seeing her best friend's face to grow dull and shrink.

"She has work." Pulling a smile somehow Riti excused and Ipshita nodded quickly to let away the impression that she was believing her, to conceal the thoughts inside her head. But that was not the expression Artriya having clearly.

For she scoffed, "oh please!" taking a sip of her cosmopolitan.

"Ari!" Ipshita growled in a low voice to control her best friend.

"Don't Ari me Ipshita! You too are thinking it!" Artriya slurred and Riti clenched her jaw in anticipation. "First of all why would you even ask for that woman to join us? Secondly, Riti, get rid of her really!"

"I love her!" Riti hissed back.

"Does she? Does she?" Ari shot back sitting up straight like a slingshot.

"Yes!" Riti said adamantly.

"Oh god! How blind are you woman?"

"Ari!" Ipshita interjected looking around them. A few heads were turning them due to the voices.