33. blackmail

Zara's pov:

I was startled to see Arham getting up beside me. What the hell? How he got here? I was with Ruhaan.

Everyone said,"Happy Anniversary Arham and Zara."

Adira face fell. She must have wanted to expose me and Ruhaan.

Aarzoo hugged me and said,"Happy Anniversary."

I saw genuine smile on her face. She kissed my cheek. Why is she behaving like this suddenly?

Mom said,"I can't believe it's been two years for your marraige."

Dad said,"I can't believe Arham has second wife in just two years."

Mom said,"Zaan today is for celebration. Don't talk about all this."

Dad sighed.

Jiya Ma kissed me and gave me a gift. Beautiful ring with heart on it.

Maan papa gave me a small chain for Ruhaani. He loves Ruhaani so much for the start.

Adira said,"Aarzoo you have not brought any gift fot them"

Aarzoo said,"Actually I was not aware that today is their anniversary."

Adira said,"I can suggest you a gift. Let Arham be with her for today. I noticed since you married Arham is always with you which gives her oppurtunity to steal other's husband."

Everyone got silent on her remark.

Adira smiled and said,"I was just joking. Why everyone got so serious."

Arham said,"If you don't mind then give us sometime. We will be down for breakfast."

Everyone left except Aarzoo.

I said,"You too also go and take rest."

Aarzoo said,"No..let Arham be with you. I will go. I am sorry for all said and did to hurt you Zara. I am really sorry."

She hugged me again and left.

I said,"What happened to her? Why is she behaving like this?"

Arham said,"Actually I told her everything why we got married? What Arham did to you? Everything."

Oh that's the reason. Thank god she got to know the truth. Now she can be happy.

I said,"By the way what are you doing here?"

He said,"Actually tomorrow is Yarah's engagement so We came to help in the preparation. Sorry I really forgot today is our anniversary."

I said,"Me too. I have no idea that today is our anniversary."

He said,"Adira was kind of forcing everyone to wish you right now. By her behaviour I got doubt and I came to your room through balcony. I woke Ruhaan and he left the room. I laid on his place just then they opened the door. By the way what is he doing here on your bed?"

I told him everything.

He said,"Good decision but I request you Zara don't give in unless He leaves Adira for you. I don't want you to be his second wife. Adira will make your life hell I don't want that. I don't trust Ruhaan completely that he can protect you from her evil plans. You have to think about Ruhaani as well."

His words left me in thoughts. He is right. Adira will do anything to keep Ruhaan to herself what if she harms Ruhaani.

We had breakfast and we have small celebration of our anniversary in the evening.

I was getting ready for the function when Ruhaan entered my room.

He said,"Wow you are looking so beautiful."

We stood behind me near dressing table. He took ear ring from my hand. He made he wear it then kissed my ear. He did the same thing to my other ear. I made me necklace then kissed my neck.

He said,"You are so beautiful Zara. I have no words to explain how much I love you. He turned me around and kissed my forehead.

We heard knock on the door.

Ruhaan said,"I will go now. See you at night. Today I think I might take further step in our relationship. Wait for me. " He winked and left.

I blushed on his words but I have a nagging feeling at the back of my head.

Me and Arham are standing at the small stage set. All my father friend's families are here.

Arham said,"Where are you lost?"

I said,"Nothing"

He said,"I am bored where is Aarzoo. Why she is not here yet?"

I laughed to his desperation and said,"She is not coming today."

He was shocked and said,"Why? What?"

I said,"Tomorrow is Yarah's engagement. She is not coming to today's function so Aarzoo is keeping her company."

He said,"But she didn't tell me about this. I was looking forward to see her in the saree I bought for her."

I said looking at his sad face,"I was Joking Arham. Here is your Jaan at the entrance."

He was looking so mesmerized by her just Ruhaan looked at me . I blushed on that thought.

After the function we went to our rooms. Arham and me have to stay in one room today. Both of us are very disappointed. He wanted spend time with Aarzoo and me with Ruhaan.

I was not able to sleep at all. I miss being in Ruhaan's arms. His steady breathing and heartbeat. His smell everything.

At mid night I got message from Ruhaan to meet him at backyard. I went to meet him but was shocked to see Adira there.

I was about to leave from there when she said,"Zara please leave my husband alone. I can't live without him."

I don't know what to say to her?

I said,"I think you are asking wrong person. I am no one to decide it's upto Ruhaan whom he wants. I am not forcing him to come to me."

She said,"Don't you have any shame? He is my husband. You are other women in his life. You know what we call such women in our society"

I said,"I don't care. Whatever they call. Whatever they think. I seriously don't care. Think whatever you want I don't care. Anyway he was suppose to be mine from the start. You came in the middle. You didn't think about me while marrying him and now I am not thinking about you. We both are even now"

She said,"Not for me bit atleast for my baby leave my husband alone."

I felt like someone snatched earth under my feet. I felt dizzy. I sat on the swing for support.

I said,"Are you pregnant?"

She said,"Yes, I am three weeks pregnant. I beg you leave Ruhaan. My baby needs his father in his life."

I said,"Do Ruhaan know about this?"

She nodded knocking out my breath.

She said,"He don't want to do anything with us. He is so obsessed with you that he is ready to abandon us. You are only one who can help me. Please somehow make him hate you so that he don't leave us. Please if you don't do it then I will commit suicide and you will responsible for death of two lives."

I said,"How do I trust your words? You might be lying."

She showed me her reports. It states that she is three weeks pregnant.

What should I do now?

Hope you are enjoying :)