47. New bond

Zara's pov:

I was angry with him but still when he came infront me. By seeing his tearful eyes my heart broke. No...no...no..you can't forgive him so easily. You can't forget what he told you. You are an easy target and fool. You fell in his trap easily. Not this time. This time I will not repeat the same mistake.

I turned my eyes away from him and thanked Arham.

I said,"Thanks a lot Arham. I don't know what I would have done without you. Thank you for being there for me."

Arham smiled said,"No need of thanks Zara. Ruhaani is just like my daughter."

I said,"That she is."

Zubair said,"Let's do the test now."

Ruhaan nodded and went with him.

I sat beside Ruhaani who was lying on bed IV attached to her. She smiled looking at me.

She said,"Mumma, Papa is here. He came for me. Allah listens to my prayers."

I was shocked..How did she know? I never told her about Ruhaan.

I said," who told you about your dad?"

Her smile dropped and she looked away.

I said,"I will not scold you. Please tell me how you know about your father?"

She said,"I-I heard you talking to Zohaan uncle. I also saw the picture which you hug while crying when you think I am sleeping or not there. I never asked you anything because I didn't want to make you angry. Now papa came back so you are not angry with him now, right? We are going to be happy family like others."

I kissed her forehead and said,"I am sorry baby. You are still young to understand why your mom and dad can't stay together. I will tell you everything when you reach the age."

She said,"I am a big girl. I understand eveything."

I said,"I know my daughter big girl and brave so I know she will understand and will not force mumma. "

She sighed and said,"Okay"

She smiled looking at my back and said,"Papa.."

I turned around and startled to see Ruhaan. He also looked shocked.

He slowly walked towards the bed and sat on other side of bed. Opposite to me.

Ruhaani said,"Papa..I missed you alot. Did you miss me? Where were you? Why didn't you come to see me?"

Ruhaan looked uncomfortable by her questions so

I said,"Ruhaani..Papa is tired. He will talk with you later."

She pouted and said,"Okay."

Ruhaan said,"I was lost beta. Now I am here and I am going to stay with you."

She said,"Really?"

He said,"yes."

She forwarded her little finger and said ,"promise?"

He interlinked his little finger with her and said,"Promise"

I glared at him and said,"Ruhaani, it's your nap time."

She said,"but mumma I want to talk with papa."

I said,"Later..now you go to sleep."

She said,"But mumma-"

Ruhaan said,"Listen to your mumma, Ruhaani. Papa will be here when you wake up."

She said,"okay but you have to sing lori for me"