- n i n e -

" Hello darkness, my old friend, I've come to talk with you again, Because a vision softly creeping, Left its seeds while I was sleeping, And the vision that was planted in my brain, Still remains, Within the sound of silence. "
                                          -Disturbed
                                     ( Sound of Silence )

KAI COACHMAN
[August 29th 2020]

We stop after forty-six minutes of running, it was impressive how an Uber drive home would have been two hours but was only forty-six minutes with Declan. I had no idea werewolves would be faster than a literal car.

I slip off of Declan and put the plastic bag in front of him as I turn around and begin to hear the similar tune of his bones crackling into a new formation. It takes a shorter time and I can hear him putting his clothes back on.

"Done," he announces.

I turn around and he's fully clothed but his hair is a bit damp with what I think is sweat. He runs his hands through his hair, messing it up slightly while trying to make it at least a bit presentable. He then adjusts his clothes and I notice how he frowns when a strand of hair falls down his forehead.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"I'm meeting your mom," he began, sighing a bit, "I want her to like me."

I try to keep the smile that's threatening to bubble onto my face down but it slips and I chuckle. I cover my face trying to hide how adorable I find that he cares this much about how he appears to my mom.

"You're laughing at me," he pulls my hand away from my face and frowns.

"No—yes," I laugh before calming down and looking at him as I honestly say, "I think it's cute you want her to like you."

Are my eyes deceiving me or is Declan Stone actually blushing right now? His cheeks turned slightly red, his eyes looking away from me as he coughed to regain himself.

"You're blushing!" I shout, pulling his cheeks.

"I'm not," he scowls and pushes my hands away.

"You are," I smile and pinch his cheeks again.

"Don't touch me," he glared.

"Kai, what the hell are you doing back there in the woods?" I hear ma shout.

I turn around and see her standing on the deck we have in our backyard. I was opening my mouth to come up with an excuse but she waves her hand dismissively.

"Just come in here and fix my internet," she instructs.

Declan chuckles, "her internet?"

"Shut up," I mumble.

We walked through my backyard that was larger than I remembered considering I haven't been here in a few months. We slide the clear back door open and enter, instantly coming into the kitchen that was exactly the same as it was months ago. Ma was in her office and we went inside, the door was open for us. Her computer, that was made back in 2005, sat on a desk. I'm surprised the piece of shit wasn't broken yet.

"I just cannot get it to wo—who is this fine piece of muscle mass?" My mom looks up at Declan.

Ma was five feet, two inches and her hair that was way to curly to take care of was in a bun atop of her head. She had crows feet at the corners of her eyes, her face containing some wrinkles but her face was still full of youth. She was thirty-seven years old and the best mom I could've asked for. She was snarky and sassy but that's what was so loveable about her. Though, she wasn't always like that.