- t h i r t y o n e -

"I know, we can get higher, There's levels to your love. Yeah, there's levels to your love. And I know, we can get higher. There's levels to your love, And I keep on climbing up."
                                - Nick Jonas
                                  ( Levels )

KAI COACHMAN
[May 15th, 2023]

Honestly fuck my life. Fuck everything that surrounds my life. I'm really considering crawling back up my mothers vagina and wishing I was never even born at this point.

Why?

Because I was in the midst of an argument I didn't want to be apart of. Vera and May were arguing, there high pitch screaming annoying the hell out of me but there wasn't much I could do. Poor Finnick was in the corner, his hands covering his ears as if to block out their noise but even I knew that shit wasn't actually working for him.

Why were these chimpanzee like women yelling? Well it wasn't like they decided to randomly do so, not like that wasn't something they wouldn't do. It was because I, Kai Coachman, and my best friend Finnick Green are getting married. To whom? Killian King and Declan Stone. It honestly flipped my mind upside down to think that someone like me was going to get married to someone like Declan Stone.

I mean, no offense, I love the guy to pieces but I never thought I was gay. Junior year of high school, I would've laughed in your face if you brought up that gay shit to me. I would've cackled and danced on your mothers grave, telling you to shove your jokes back up your ass.

Now look at me.

It's been literally four years, I felt old even though I was only twenty-one but it felt like yesterday that I was seventeen with the adorable Finnick by my side. Now I was literally an adult with four children and I was marrying a fucking guy, that will never not faze me.

I was startled as arms wrapped around my waist and a chin lay on my right shoulder. Turning slightly, I saw Declan and despite the butterflies that erupted in my stomach and consumed my whole being, I shoved him away.

"Your breath stinks," I commented, though it was far from true. The man smelled incredible, his breath minty and flawless like everything else about him.

"His breath stinks?! Brush your teeth Declan! Your breath can not stink on your wedding day," Vera fussed, breaking from her shout fest with May who was by Finnick, comforting the small boy.

Declan rolled his eyes, blowing a breath of air in Vera's direction. She glared at first before she sniffed her super smelling nose and she had a satisfied look on her face.

"Fresh," she said before turning and walking out to do whatever.

Declan came back over to me and stood in front of me, his arms instantly wrapping around my waist like his first instinct was to automatically touch me. I wasn't complaining, I loved when he touched me. I love when he was around me or whenever he looked at me because it made me squirm in the best way. It was so intense but wonderful at the same time. I would've pushed him away but I decided not to be as much of a dick as I usually am since it is our wedding day and instead, I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He smirked instantly, obviously pleased with my actions and I rolled my eyes. He leaned in and I blushed as I usually did, even now that it's been years, and he pressed his lips firmly against mine. I melt instantly, my limbs feeling like pudding...which I hated because pudding is fucking disgusting. Moral of the story is, his lips felt amazing on mine.

If I only had five minutes to live, I'd spend them with my lips on his with no regrets at all.

"Save that lip action for when y'all say I do," my mom scolds me as she gripped the back of my deluxe suit and ripped me away from Declan.