- t h i r t y f i v e -

"Hearts to Beats fast, Colors and promises. How to be brave? How can I love when I'm afraid to fall, But watching you stand alone? All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow, One step closer. I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid I have loved you, For a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more."
- Christina Perri
( A Thousand Years )

KAI COACHMAN
[July 28th, 2023]

He laughs and says, "that's the point of this, isn't it?"

I just blink and he opens a door that leads to a completely empty room except Finnick sits in the corner with fear in his eyes and I rush over to him. He shoots up and glares at Alec while grabbing me and forcing me to stand beside him as if he was trying to protect me which was super adorable for Finnick but I was confused as hell as to why he was doing this.

"You'll never get away with this!" Finnick screams at Alec who snickers and shoves both hands into the pocket of his black slacks.

"What is he talking about?" I ask Alec.

Alec comes close but Finnick holds his hands out as some type of defense. Alec releases a sigh and it takes him no time at all to grab my arm and pull me close enough for him to whisper into my ear.

"I 'kidnapped' him so he has no idea what's outside. Just go along with this," Alec explains and I nod in understanding.

So I'm not the only one being surprised in this surprise wedding. I mean, I've been surprised so many times within such a short amount of time that this was nothing. Declan always had a way with putting a smile onto my face and putting on a show to get a reaction out of me. I don't know what I did to deserve him.

"Get off of him," Finnick bites at Alec who takes steps back, holding his hands up in mock surrender.

"All I know is that you two—" Alec stops speaking to bend down and open a box, pulling out two amazing suits. He stands up and holds a black suit with a silk neckline in his right hand while he holds another black suit with velvety accents on its cuffs in his left hand, "need to put on these suits."

He hands the suit with the silk neckline that mirrors the silk on Declans cuffs to me and tries to hand the other suit to Finnick but he scrunches his face up and takes a step back.

"Why would I put on a suit? What kind of cult is this?" Finnicks brows knit together in confusion.

"Look," Alec runs a hand down his face without messing up his hair, "put it on or you die."

Finnicks eyes widen, his lips trembling.

"My babies," he whimpers, "K-Killian."

Alec is awkwardly standing now, unsure of what to do because I assume he didn't expect something like this to happen. Giving him a smile, I shoo him away with my hands and mouth for him to give us about ten minutes or so to get dressed. He nods, his features relaxing instantly because I knew he didn't wanna be in this room with a nearly crying Finnick.

I ruffle Finnicks hair and he peers up at me.

"Why aren't you freaking out?" He asks me.

"I know Declan and Killian will get us out of this," I smile at Finnick but on the inside I'm dying because I want to spill the tea but that would ruin everything and this wasn't just my moment, it was his as-well and I wanted it to be special for him when he realizes what all of this is because I got to experience that moment too.

"I'm scared," Finnick frowns.

"Don't be," I grab both his hands, "I'll always be here for you, Bolt."