- t w e n t y n i n e -

"Gold on your fingertips, Fingertips against my cheek. Gold leaf across your lips, Kiss me until I can't speak. Gold chain beneath your shirt, The shirt that you let me wear home. Gold's fake and real love hurts, And nothing hurts when I'm alone. When you're with me and we're alone."
- Billie Ellish
( Hostage )

KAI COACHMAN
[June 16th, 2021]

"Aiden, don't put that flower in your mouth," Vera says as she rushes up and swoops Aiden up in her arms, plucking the sunflower out of his tiny little hand.

His eyes fill with tears but he doesn't release the tears and instead, he buries his face into Vera's shirt. I smile fondly, looking at him because he reminded me so much of Declan.

Aiden was a spitting image of Declan. His eyes were the same blue as Declans', I always found myself getting lost in his adorable sparkling eyes. His face was chubby but his nose structure was definitely going to mirror Declans' while his lips would look similar to mine, I could already tell.

Not only did Aiden look like Declan but he already showed some traits of his as well. When he played with the other babies in the pack, he'd always end up surrounded by girls and he'd always touch their faces and wound up placing his lips on theirs. He was only six months and yet he already had his first kiss; it was truly so cute.

Easton was on the blanket that was laid out on the grass and he was playing with Kaylee who smiled down at him and made sure he didn't stray away. Kaylee was about sixteen months old or a year and four months old along with Jaylin but she grew close to Easton and vice versa. Easton loved playing with Kaylee.

With brown eyes that were becoming lighter and lighter while turning slightly greener each and everyday, soft and chocolatey brown locks that were almost always so unruly, Easton was somewhat completely the opposite of Aiden. Easton didn't really like touching the other babies that were girls. He hung around the older female toddlers though which was odd. He also didn't really play with the baby boys either, he would naturally shy away and crawl to me or Declan.

Easton was more reserved, I feel like he'd become a mixture of Finnick and I.

Hazel was gentle. She was peaceful and quiet and she cried the least out of the four kids, Easton was the one who cried the most. Hazel was always latching onto May and Elliot like she was drawn to them like a magnet. Her eyes were hazel with her hair in tight curls. It took a painstakingly long time to do her hair and I hated doing it because she'd cry in the softest way and it literally pained me.

Declan couldn't do her hair because he sucked at it and normally I would've expected him to give up on trying and hand her over to Vera or May or even me to accomplish a style for Hazel but he didn't. He tried endlessly even if it took him hours and he was always determined, I could just tell that he wanted to do the absolute best he could for Hazel. That's what pierced my heart and made me love him that much more.

Asher threw mud at Jaylins face. As soon as the brown substance landed on his face, he scrunched up his nose and began to make scary faces at her, expecting her to cry because Easton and Hazel always cried when he did that but Asher didn't cry. Instead, she slapped her muddy tiny hand across his face.

I laughed out loud while Jaylin glared down at the little munchkin.

Asher reminded me of myself. She always did something funny to catch your attention and she wasn't easy to cry, she wasn't easy to give up either. There would be times when I'd change her diaper and she'd put up a fight with me, resulting in poop getting on me. I hated when she did that but I couldn't help but find it cute.