A Nice Evening

[YOUR POV]

It's Saturday, March 30th, and today is Eren's B-day. Last week he called me in the afternoon to invite me to his party.

To be honest, I didn't know if it was correct for me to go back to that house. After my husband died, I guess I didn't want to make any contact with his family, because I feel guilty of John's death somehow.

But then I realized that for me to be able to get rid of this guilt, I have to face it straight on and tell John's parents how I feel and for them to forgive me.

That's my reason for accepting Eren's invitation. Also, it would be nice for John's parents to see their grandchild once again.

It's 3:30 P.M, and right now I'm giving Arian a shower. Surprisingly he's learning to walk by himself. He stands up and walks with the help of the wall. Though he only lasts for a few seconds, in a matter of time he'll be able to walk soon.

There's something surprising about him every day that puts a smile on my face. I couldn't ask for more.

-----------------------------------------------------

It's now time to go, the party starts at 5 and it is 4:30.

It's better to be on time than late to show etiquette and to show that you care.

From my house to Carla's house is only a 15-minute drive so I'll be able to make it on time.

I buckled up Arian on the backseat of the car, played the radio and drove through the freeway, and then got out in exit 30A. 

I am now in front of the door ready to ring the bell for someone to open. ' I'm so nervous, what if they changed their mind of me and Arian coming today.'

The door suddenly opened interrupting my thoughts and making me focus on the person who opened it.

It was Eren who was fixing his tie as he opened the door for us to go in.

"Y/N, I'm glad you were able to come and with Arian", Eren smiled at both of us and stretched his hand to touch Arian's head

"Hello little Arian, you look handsome in your small black suit.", I laughed at his comment about Arian's suit. Indeed my baby boy looked handsome in his suit, he could probably get out of this party with some girls by his side. I hope he doesn't become a player one day. 

"T-Thank Y-You" Arian said looking down to the floor embarrassed. 

Arian could already understand sometimes what we adults say, and respond in short sentences.