It's Just The Black Tea

[Your POV]

It's now Monday, March just ended, and April is now starting. I work in the afternoons like I always had. I still tutor Mr. Smith's son from Monday to Friday. Sometimes on Fridays.

I awakened as usual with Arian on top of me telling me to wake up so I can make him some breakfast. Scramble eggs, bacon, beans, you know the usual breakfast. I sometimes make him omelets when he gets tired of eating the usual. Other times I make him Arroz con Leche or oatmeal. He really likes those too. We don't do anything much in the mornings, we go to the park to walk a bit sometimes, but since yesterday we went, I don't feel like going out today.

"Arian, what do you want to do today?", I looked at him and he was thinking about it.

"Should we stay at home and play with your toys or shall we visit Len at the tea shop?", when I mentioned his name and the tea shop his eyes began to sparkle.

"Tea sha! Tea sha!", Arian began to jump up and down in circles.

Len is one of my best friends from University when I was studying Illustration. He was the one who introduced me to John. Arian and I visited him at least twice a week, and the two boys sure got along well.

After we were done with our breakfast, I changed Arian from his pajamas into some blue jeans, a green olive T-shirt, and a pair of black Converse shoes. I changed into some blue skinny jeans, a navy blue & white striped blouse, and light brown leathered sandals.

The Teashop wasn't that far, it was around the neighborhood so Arian and I always walked to the tea shop. It takes us around less than 10 minutes to get there. It was a good morning exercise for both of us to stay healthy.

[Levi's POV]

My Monday morning was going horribly.

My favorite Tea shop was closed due to another renovation of the place! Again! I couldn't go to work without having tea in the morning. I even run out of black tea at home, so my only last resort was to go to the second tea shop that was in the other neighborhood across the street. It wasn't that far from my favorite tea shop which was good I guess. I hoped on my car once again and drove to "Tony's Tea Shop".

It took me two minutes to get there. I still had an hour and thirty to get to my job. I was just hoping there wasn't a lot of clients that way I could get my tea as quickly as possible.

I went in, and I was right, there wasn't a lot of people. Probably because of what time it was right now.

I sat at one of the tables that were close to the window and where I could see my car, and then the waiter came to take my order. I saw their menu, and indeed they had a variety of teas and unique pastries that I wished I could try but maybe another day since the other shop is closed. I now had to come to this one for the time been. Anyways, I just ordered a black tea. After the waiter was gone I looked outside the window and looked at the park that was just crossing the street.

I then remembered the different events that happened yesterday at the park with my colleagues and the woman and her son.

I don't know why, but she just reminded me of my mom who died when I was so young. I could see in her eyes that she has lost someone important to her. She didn't show it, but I could tell since I had also experienced it a lot in the past years when I was captain in the Survey Corps. When I saw her on the swings of the playground, my world sure did stop. When I saw her laughing and smiling, something told me that she really had moved on from her pain. Then I told myself if I could also do the same. I tried so many things, but nothing has worked. What can I do to move on?

The bell on the tea shop's door rang and I looked to see who it was like if it was a habit of mine to see who else came through the door.

It was her.