Feelings of Guilt and Truth

After we were done cleaning all the tables and throwing away the trash, Eren, Carla, Eren's father, Arian and I went to the living room to talk a bit. Arian was already asleep in my arms. I was given by Carla a cup of tea, who sat across from me and was sitting next to her husband. Eren was sitting next to me. We got to learn a lot from each other in today's wonderful evening, we got to be good friends now apart from being his sister in law. Well, I was or still am I don't know.   

"Thank you Y/N for helping us with the cleaning, I know you are a busy mother now, but I'm grateful for your stay," Carla said

"It's nothing, I just wanted to return the nice welcoming that I received today." I said 

"You'll always be invited to our house whenever you want, you are still family to us even though John is gone," Carla said holding her tears in, but I couldn't since that's what I wanted to hear all along to get rid of my guilt. I began to cry, not loud though or I might of wake up Arian. 

Everyone was now looking at me, I felt embarrassed I didn't know what to say

"Y/N, here look at me" Eren was now cleaning up my tears that were all over my face since I had Arian in my arms.

"I'm sorry, I just...all this time I was feeling guilty of your son's death...I thought that because of me not able to notice what was wrong with him, he probably wouldn't have died. And I also thought that you all wouldn't be glad to see me since I was afraid that you all hated me" I suddenly felt someone hugging me. It was Arian who was hugging my abdomen. 

"Mommy happy, mommy no cry, mommy not fault" Arian said snuggling his head on my tummy. I then brought him closer to me and hugged him while crying. Eren then hugged us, and later on Carla and her husband Richard. 

"Y/N it's not your fault, his disease was something we couldn't stop, not even the doctors.  His disease was unknown, and we have to accept it. But it's not your fault, don't feel guilty, we could also never hate you, you are already a part of this family and nothing can undo it. You'll always be the daughter that I always wanted." said Carla in between tears. 

It was a choir of cries inside the Mazon's House that night

"Y/N, since it's late already why don't you and Arian stay the night here in our house. 

"Umm... I don't know, I don't want to bother..."

"Y/N, you are not stable enough for you to drive right now, and Arian seems really tired" Eren said

"I guess I'll stay thank you, Carla" I bowed my head to express my gratitude for her hospitality. 

"Everything for my daughter, Eren show Y/N and Arian your room"Carla said and Eren nods his head and told me to follow him. 

I followed Eren upstairs to his room which was really nice for a 30-year-old man. Eren was taking out the nicely well-tucked blankets from the bed so I could place Arian for him to rest. Then he went to his drawers.  

"Y/N, here, you change into this shirt and sweatpants", Eren handed me the clothes after placing Arian onto the bed. 

" Thank you Eren, I appreciated", I said grabbing the clothes from his hands

"Will you watch Arian for a while", I asked him which he gave me a nod in response, and then left for the restroom to change. 

Eren sometimes reminded me of my husband since they did have somewhat of a resemblance because they were brothers that came from the same mother, but I know he is unique in his own way that was totally different from my husband. 

Before stepping into the room, I stopped to see that Eren was laying on the bed next to Arian already sleeping the both of them. I entered the room quietly and saw that Eren wasn't under the blankets so I went to look for another blanket inside his closet. I didn't want to wake him up, after all, he was probably more tired than me. I spotted a blanket and brought it to cover him, so he couldn't be cold in the night, but Eren suddenly woked up.