-9-

September 3 : Monday
Namjoon didn't come to class today. It was torturous because we had a substitute teacher. I was stuck talking to a middle aged woman for 50 minutes. After second period we had a 20 minute break between class so Jimin and I were walking to his locker and he was telling me all about this cute girl in his science class.

"She has this little freckle right above her top lip. Oh my god." He holds a hand over his heart with a pained face. "The freckle kills me."

"You're too much." I push his shoulder lightly as we turn down another hall way. But we stop abruptly when we see the scene in front of us.

Namjoon and Seojun were talking. Namjoon was leaning against the lockers while she talked. She placed her hand on his arm and Jimin scoffed.

"You have to be kidding me." Jimin growled.

"We don't know the full story. Let's not get ahead of ourselves." I said as Seojun and Namjoon hugged tightly before walking off in different directions. Seojun walked past us, when she noticed us standing against the wall she gave me a smug smile.

"We'll talk to him at lunch. I'm going to class." Jimin said before walking off to his locker. I nodded my eyes still staring at the door Seojun walked through.

I don't know what they were talking about so I refused to settle on the thought lingering in the back of my mind. But how could he be so calm toward her after all the crap she's pulled. After she hit him and left him bleeding. His eye was still bruised and his cuts were still visible. She doesn't have the right to talk to him after hurting him. She created a void in Namjoon's friend group.
.
.
Sitting at the tree Jungkook and Namjoon refused to look at me or even acknowledge my existence. I look toward Taehyung silently asking him if he knew what was up with the two of them. He shrugged looking just as confused as me. Jimin plopped down next to me and folded his arms across his chest. Namjoon turned to look at him still not even glancing at me.

"What were you talking to her about?" Jimin said and Namjoon sighed. Hoseok was quick to look between the two with a very unamused expression.

"You're fucking kidding me right?" Hoseok said and Namjoon sat up straighter as he looked around.

"She was just apologizing to me. We are still broken up." His answer wasn't good enough for Jimin as he kept pushing.

"For what? Hitting you or being a bitch to you and all your friends?" Jimin was glaring at Namjoon and Namjoon was glaring back.

"For everything." Still not good enough.

"So you guys are friends now or something." Taehyung said an equally angry expression painted to his face.

"No. We aren't friends! Why are you guys interrogating me?!" Namjoon threw his hands in the air in frustration.

"We just don't want you hurt again." I said quietly. He looked at me briefly, not making eye contact, before looking toward Jimin.

"I can handle my own feelings." He muttered and the bell rang. He was the first to stand up grabbing his things as carefree as he could before walking off angrily. Jungkook was the second to leave not waiting for Jimin and Tae like he usually does. I sighed as Hoseok and I made our way to Math class.

"Namjoon is feisty. He always has been don't take this personally." Hoseok said putting his arm around my shoulders as we walked. I felt so small whenever the boys did this. They were all taller than me but I liked it. They protected me from all the people in the hallways.

I've noticed the boys are pretty popular in the sense that everyone seems to know them. It's probably because of Seojun. But in all my classes I've had at least one conversation with girls asking me about one of the boys.