Chapter 21 - The Reveal

I saw him appear in a location - an expected-to-be deserted underground station - and be surrounded by Leta and other Aurors from the French Ministry of Magic. I saw him wave his hands around as he talked to them; something he would do when he is pressured. I then saw him send a Patronus, a thought in his head repeating Dumbledore and trouble restlessly.

I then jumped to a scene that made it feel as if my heart leap out to my throat. A tingling warmth spreading fast that had my body vibrating from the end of my hair to the tips of my toes.

I was suddenly in a dark place, the steps slippery and dark. A white light was at the end of the tunnel, so I followed down some steps, trying my best not to slip. I was suddenly greeted by a large space, a watered floor with a vaulted ceiling made of dark stone.

On the opposite end, there was what appeared to be a scattered desk, boxes and drawers here and there. On the wall behind, there were annotations written in bright, white letters - the light that I followed. I saw something move in the middle of the desk, so I used my wand. As I said Lumos, my voice echoed through the walls and humid air till reaching the stranger's ears. Startled, they stood up from their crouching position and held themselves straight, their head and eyes fixed on me.

Although she looked different from the last time I saw her, there was no way I would ever forget her or how my heart reacts to those eyes of hers. Her once short, wavy hair had changed into a much more clean-edge look, emphasising her cheekbones and framing her face in a bob. And yet, I found myself admiring and loving how these details had enhanced a new angle of her; thunderstruck by how different she looked, and yet she was still able to make me feel joyful by the sight of her alone.

'Tina,' I whispered, my voice sounded distant and echoing from far away. I was then quickly reminded on what I was actually doing as I saw her eyes sharpen and her hand dive for her wand. Oh yeah, these are Theseus' memories, I reminded myself as my cheeks burned up, hoping that Theseus didn't hear that.

I was suddenly dragged away from that memory into the real world, back in the cold room with Theseus sitting next to me.

I tried to make myself remember that last image, where everything went black after I saw Tina extract her wand and point it at Theseus. I felt the edge of my lip twitch as my mind kept repeating in a jubilant tone: Tina stunned Theseus and won. I forced myself to come back to the situation I was in, so I faced Theseus as he eyed me with a questioning look. I subtly nodded my head. I guess I have to trust you now.

He nodded in response.

Suddenly, Theseus stood up from his seat, so fast as if something had pinched him, and marched out of the room. I was confused and startled by this change but decided to listen to the conversation on the other side of the door.

'We need to let him go,' said Theseus. 'He gave me something, but reluctantly.'

'Why?' asked who seemed to be the French Minister of Magic.

'Newt has never been the one betraying his friends,' said the mellow voice of Leta, a hint of shame in her tone that, regretfully, I was pleased me to hear.

'Well, it wasn't easy. And he didn't, because it was forced out of him.'

'Even so...'

'Ministre, please release him - and that Kowalski Muggle as well.'

'I still don't understand why we need to let them go!'

'Because they are of no longer use. Look, follow this address and you will find something. I don't know what it is, but it must be important. He wouldn't tell me, so that must be important.'