CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Ain't That A Kick To The Head ( Part 1)

My hand fishes out my house keys. I can hear Major scratching at the door---barking wildly. I'm home-- but why is Lucas behind me still? Is he making sure I get inside safely? I'm at my front door, he can go home already... But it is sweet of him to walk me home and lending me his raincoat. It smelled just like him.

I inserted the house key into the slot and unlocked the door. I had to press my knees together to block Major from escaping out through the door.

(Y/n)- "Easy." I ordered Major but he was too excited. I squeezed through with Lucas behind me, he closed the door as soon as he was through.

(Lucas)- "Hey! Wow he's gotten so big" Major jumped onto his knees-- petting him wildly on his head and body, making Major jump in joy.

(Lucas)- "Nice place you got here...better than mine" he mumbles at the last few words, couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. I look into the living room and see Major has left a mess up of ripped up newspaper. If I look upstairs I'm afraid I'm going to find my shoes all torn and chewed. Maybe if I don't go upstairs it didn't happen. Lucas steps further inside the house and to the wall of picture frames, eyeing each one carefully.

(Lucas)- "These are good pictures. Who took them?"

(Y/n)- "I did. It was a way to get my mind off from things" I say as I start to clean the news paper from the floor.

(Lucas)- " I see. Who's this?" he points to a frame. I place the newspaper back on the floor and walked over to the picture he's glancing at. It was a photo of Ashley and I.

(Y/n)- "That's my best friend, Ashley."

(Lucas)- "She looks familiar...was her father the president around early 2000s?"

(Y/n)- "Yeah, she's ex president Graham's Daughter"

(Lucas)- "Wow, close friends with the presidents daughter." he raises a brow. 

(Y/n)- " I knew her before her dad became president"

(Lucas)- "You look like you two do everything together."

(Y/n)- " Yeah, we do."

(Lucas)- "Is that all you have of each other? These look recent"

(Y/n)- " Hmm. She might have some-- the ones I had were destroyed in the explosion." my eyes widen-- oh shit. I didn't mean to say that-- it just slipped out.

(Lucas)- "What? What explosion?" his brows furrow, Im getting too comfortable with him-- it just came out.

(Y/n)- " The explosion in Tall Oaks" I say in a sorrowful voice. My old home-- the town was a lovely place. It was hard not to picture the people I knew there.

(Lucas)- "Tall Oaks? Yeah...right, I remember that. You use to live there?"

(Y/n)- "Yeah"

(Lucas)- "How did you survive?" my mouth sealed together.

(Lucas)- " Does it have to do with that guy that night?" shit-- I'm not suppose to talk about the details. I bit my tongue to come up with an answer, but to answer him nonverbally....yes Lucas...

Leon Scott Kennedy. I owe him my life.

(Y/n)- "I'll see if I have something for you to dry off, you're hairs damp."

(Lucas)- " Thanks" I rush behind me upstairs, hearing Major's nails tap on the floor--following behind me. Once I get into my room and into the bathroom I reached for a clean towel and yanked it off the hook. I make my way back downstairs-- Lucas was standing near the staircase,  my foot steps on the final one-- slipping forward. 

(Lucas)- "Careful!" he caught me in his arms. My nose pressses against his left shoulder. The scent was all I could take in. It was sweet and welcoming-- I slowly look up at him. He kept his gaze on me. His green eyes focused on my lips. I glance at his but made their way back up to his eyes. My chest tightens-- throat felt like its closing. Almost feeling like I'm going to have a panic attack. I peel my body away from the massive, firm fit body of his.

(Y/n)- "Sorry, shoes are slippery" I mumbled under my breath.

(Lucas)- "No worries" he clears his throat, slowly dropping his arms away from mine. The hell is wrong with me? Lucas is my partner, but earlier he mentioned to me that he was interested in me. I don't know. I might find him attractive-- but this feel wrong.

Leon, what do I do? Usually you help through the darkest times but this time....you've become something I feared.

I bit down on my tongue to keep my thoughts locked up behind me.

(Lucas)- "I have to get gong. There's paperwork I gotta do for my basement."

(Y/n)- "Yeah, I'll walk you out." Once we get to the door I start to unzip his raincoat.

(Lucas)- " No- keep it. It's yours now. Goodnight." Before I could say anything he smiles and leaves closing the door behind him.My heart was racing out of control-- my body feels numb--light weight. As soon as he left, I pressed my back against the door-- sliding all the way to the floor. I can feel my hands trembling-- this doesn't feel like a normal panic attack, I-I don't know what this is.

No. This feels different. I can imagine it in my head. All my bottled up feelings that I kept pushing aside, its overfilling-- leaking out of the bottle. Shit. what do I do?! I can feel it about to rush to my eyes. I burst up and ran up to the stairs and into the bedroom. My first thought was to go into my closet and quickly change into something more comfortable

I can't be here! I need to get out-- run away from this feeling-- run away from myself. I stripped out of my jeans and into my workout leggings and shoes. I grabbed chunks of my hair and tied it into a ponytail.

I need to leave. Now! I pat Major and Cyrano on my bed. I'm sorry guys. I'll be back later. Hopefully. I reached out to my iPod laying on desk, I empty out my pockets to reduce the weight.  I start to make out of the room when my feet stopped at the entryway-- my head turned and gazed at the device at my desk.

I hate it. I hate that thing. I clench my eyes shut and leave my room-- leaving my home as I start to break into a spring down the block. I don't know where I'm going but I need to try to escape my current mind set.