CHAPTER THIRTY SIX: Shallow

LEON'S POV:

I can't get her expression out of my mind, the look she gave me. The redness in her cheeks-- she was surprised all right. I chuckle in my throat, Lucas didn't look to happy-- probably doesn't like me very much. To be honest, I don't care what he thinks of me-- my only concern is how close he's with (Y/n).

I've seen the look in her eye when he makes her smile, laugh-- it's the same looks she gives me. 

The rain hitting the window is disturbing my concentration, my chin rests in my left palm-- I was blanking out but not anymore. My legs are starting to go numb, how long have I been waiting? An hour? Maybe two? My hand digs into my jacket pocket-- pulling out my device to check if anything came through. 

Nothing.

I slip it back into the dark pocket and continue to rest my chin on my palm. I let out a quiet sigh, I need some air. I reach for the handle and exit out-- feeling cool wind breezing by with heavy rain landing in my hair. I lift the hood of the jacket--covering my head to at least keep me somewhat dry. 

(Ada)- "This is a new look for you" her voice was smooth and raspy, her footsteps are quiet-- even in the heavy rain. Unlike me, she was prepared for the rain. Red long trench coat, black skin tight pants with black ankle boots. Her right hand held a sturdy clear plastic umbrella. 

(Leon)- "Had to swap out the leather jacket sooner or later" Where I was going-- I needed something warmer. 

(Ada)- "Looks good on you, I think (Y/n) would agree with me" Ada got a light chuckle out of me. 

(Ada)- " You left her alone? Unprotected?" she tilts her head with a twirl of the umbrella. 

(Leon)- "It's just for a few days." I say putting my hands inside my pockets. 

(Ada)- "We'll see about that." she hums. 

(Leon)- "I didn't come all this way just to make small talk, you wanted me to see something.I'm here " I say with a deep tone in my voice. I didn't want to make this trip-- leaving her alone, but my mission is still ongoing. 

Ada has something I need. 

(Ada)- " Here" she unhooks her trench coat--reaching something inside and tosses it to me. I caught it with ease, in my hands was a mini high tech tablet. By the looks of it, just looks like I'm holding a small sheet of glass. The rain hits the tablet-- seeing the droplets splatter. I take my finger across the screen-- seeing the entire screen shoot out words, documents, etc. Flipping through pages, skimming information I already knew. 

(Ada)- "Something's changed in you" 

(Leon)- "Changed?" I ask-- while my eyes scan the tablet. 

(Ada)- "I see something that wasn't there before." 

(Leon)- "Nothing's changed." I take my eyes away from the piece of glass and look up to Ada. She  steps towards me-- umbrella protecting the both of us. 

(Ada)- "It's the girl." She doesn't elaborate by what she means--Leaving me to figure it out.

There may be something about her I can't shake off-- but as I told her, I have to make two choices-- and have to sacrifice one of them. I tilt my head to Ada, her lips curl into a wide smirk. 

(Leon)- "I've done my part." she chuckles quietly to herself. I had her the tablet for her to show me the information she put together. 

(Time Skip) 

YOUR POV: 

I sit in the SUV alone, looking over my shoulder to the passenger seat. Empty. He hasn't shown up today. I asked Niko and Tanner-- and they both said he called in sick. I know he's not sick, he's still upset with me. I hate that this is happening, feels like I'm losing a good friend.