CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: Eight Questions (Part 1)

(Time Skip) 

We spent a good amount of time around the shopping center, glanced at a few windows to see what kind of products were displayed. Leon was taking the lead-- I was falling behind. My head turns to the couple coming out of a clothing store--they were gazing at each other, laughing, smiling. I haven't had something like that in a while-- since Tanner, I think. Kind of miss being in the that new couple stage. 

My face crashes into something hard and leathery. Leon stopped moving, why did he stop? I walked beside him to see him grinning. 

(Leon)- " You do that a lot, don't you?" 

(Y/n)- " Do what?" 

(Leon)- "Space out." 

(Y/n)- "Yeah-- apparently..." Lucas told me the same thing. 

(Leon)- "I should probably take you home" 

(Y/n)- " What about Sherry and Helena, they saw the photo I took of you with my phone" I should've deleted that photo a long time ago, but I couldn't do it-- It was something I wanted to keep of him. It's probably my fault they're almost on his tracks, but then I am someone who is sorta close to him I guess. 

(Leon)- "What did you say to them?" 

(Y/n)- "I lied to them--- saying I haven't seen you" 

(Leon)- "I'm sorry you had to lie to them, better off they think you know nothing" 

(Y/n)- "I don't know anything, Leon" 

(Leon)- "It's best if you don't" He turns to start walking. I will keep on trying--he'll have to tell me eventually.I take a step when Two gentlemen suddenly approach me from the east side of me. 

(Man)- "Hey--I've seen you before. You're a cop at the police station, right?" 

(Y/n)- "Uhmm--yeah, I am?" I've never seen this man before. He's tall, short brown hair with brown eyes, clean shave-- and casual wear. His friend beside him-- was the total opposite, tattoos-- beard and medium black hair. 

(Man)- "I've been there a few times, helping out my sister who works there. That's why I recognized you, I've been meaning to come up to you-- I've just been to afraid to" 

(Y/n)- " Who's your sister?" 

(Man)- "Amanda Lowell" Now I see the resemblance, I can see it around the eye structure. 

(Y/n)- "Oh-- yeah-- I see her around the station a few times. We have coffee together on our breaks." I've had coffee maybe-- three times with her-- she's mostly on her phone with her husband or whoever. She's great-- but we're not that close to be considered friends-- more like work friends If that makes sense. 

(Y/n)- "Why would you be afraid to talk to me?" 

(Man)- "Uhm-- just cause you're so pretty, when I saw you here-- I thought I would just take a shot at asking you to have drinks with me right now?" What a turn of events, someone has asked me out. That's something I don't really experience everyday. 

(Y/n)- "I--uhmm.." I stammered, the look on his face-- he's smiling, hoping I'd say yes. I don't have the heart to say no. Something warm and heavy gets placed around my shoulders. I look left and right seeing it was Leon's leather jacket. His right arm wrapped around my shoulders--pulling me close to his side. 

(Leon)- "Sorry-- but she's got other plans" His voice was deep and smooth, giving the man a smirk. The man pouts and nods his head as he apologizes, his friend beside him-- his wingman most likely-- pats his shoulder leading him away and telling him, better luck next time. 

I feel a rise in my body temperature, I can't tell if its because of the sudden compliment or Leon's  touch. 

(Leon)- "You can't attract attention to yourself" he says while his arm is still around me providing shelter and warmth. 

(Y/n)- "He called me pretty" 

(Leon)- " He's not wrong"  His arm falls off my shoulders and he starts walking in a different direction of where my home is. 

(Y/n)- "Uh-- home is that way?" I say confused. 

(Leon)- " I know, but we're not going back just yet." 

(Time Skip) 

Leon exits out of the car, I sat in the passenger seat hearing the engine die out. Why did he take us here? my hand reaches for the handle--pulling it for the door to release. I stand out of the car-- eyes looking at our destination. The supply, why would Leon take us to the bar? I haven't even been to this bar before but it seems busy-- people are coming and going. I shut the door behind me and the car beeps as he locks. Leon stood at the curb waiting for me to be at his side, I reached to him and he lead the way inside the bar. 

Entering in-- it was dim lighted-- almost dark. My eyes wonder-- seeing multiple eyes dart their attention towards Leon--majority of them females. As people were leaving--slightly shoving they're way through-- I was falling behind. 

(Y/n)- " Excuse me." I say as I kept pushing through to catch up with Leon. Once I caught up, he looked over his shoulder-- his left hand reached out behind him and grabbed onto my hand. His large hand cupped mine-- our fingers intertwined. I follow behind him closely now, other women eye me, probably thinking how do I get with someone as good as him?

 I Don't know. 

Luck? 

We reach the far end  of the bar--away from the large crowds in the front, its a bit quieter and more secluded. He lets go of my hand and tends to the bartender. She was short, maybe about my height. Blonde hair tied into a messy bun and black blouse and jeans. She immediately locked her eyes on Leon. 

(Bartender)- "Hey, hows it going?" she greeted with a smile. 

(Leon)-" Good, and yourself?" 

(Bartender)- "I'm doing great, thank you." 

(Leon)- " I'm gonna need a few drinks" 

(Bartender)- "Pick your poison." She waves at the variety of alcohol bottles behind her. I look away while she prepares drinks, this bar is pretty nice-- the music is decent and durable...the crowds in here aren't too extreme. My hand feels a light touch to my fingertips as Leon jerks his head to the empty table nearby. My feet take light steps heading to the open table, I take one of the wooden chairs and pull it back to sit and scoot in.  Leon went back to the bar to retrieve our drinks, he came back with multiple clanks of glass tapping against each other as they were placed in the center of the table. 

One,two,three,four,five,six,seven,eight-- eight shot glasses. I looked at those eight shot glasses with clear liquid filled to the brim. He sits down across from me, once he was comfortable-- he takes the shots and assorts them equally, four for the two of us. 

 (Y/n)- "What is this?" 

(Leon)- " You want to know what's happening?" he spoke while aligning his and my shots in a front of us. 

(Y/n)- "Yes." 

(Leon)- "Ask the right questions, maybe I'll answer them." 

(Y/n)- " What are the shots for?" 

(Leon)- "Four shots. Four questions" 

(Y/n)- "Why the drinks-- why can't you just tell me?" 

(Leon)- " Thought it'd be fun this way. You're lucky I didn't count those as questions." He says as he smirks. 

(Y/n)- "When do we start?" 

(Leon)- "Whenever you have a question ready for me." He leans back in the chair like he's not worried if I ask the right questions. What the hell should I ask first?