CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR: Not For You And I

(Time Skip)

I grab chucks of my hair-- twisting it all into one messy, up-do bun. The back of my neck feeling loose strands of hair tickling my skin. It's Seven twenty-- only giving me a small amount of time to get ready before Lucas is picking me up. Great-- I still have to shower, my hair is a static mess, and my current wardrobe is my bum clothes I use after work. I walk up to the front door, bringing my small backpack to my hip to retrieve my keys out. Before I have a chance to fish my keys-- the door opens, standing behind it was Leon. Black long thermal with the sleeves rolled to his mid forearm, medium blue jeans and his casual boots. I always wondered where he gets his clothes from-- but that's the least of my worries. I enter in silently, once I was inside he gently closes the door behind me.

This doesn't seem right, he hasn't said a word. I set down my bag near the stairs-- uniting my shoes to relax my feet from the small rock shifting up and down inside my left foot. Once I remove them I set them aside--feeling the cool floor underneath my socks. My eyes examine the room, ears open to hear it still silent. Where's the sound of barking-- and possibly a shoe's cry for help?

(Y/n)- "Where's Major and Cyrano?" I ask him, he turns to face me. His body language reads, serious and tense. 

I don't like it. 

(Leon)- "How was work?" His mood suddenly changes-- he flashes a small grin walking over to the couch and sitting at the arm rest. 

(Y/n)- " You're dodging my question" Didn't think I notice?

(Leon)- "Did anything exciting happen?" He asks.

(Y/n)- " Leon, where are my pets?"I ask, crossing my arms and leaning to my right hip--giving him my body language that I'm about to start getting frustrated.He stands on his feet and steps toward me-- my nose inhaling his manly scent-- I can never get enough of it. It's not even compared to Lucas's scent.

(Leon)- "You should eat something, looking a little pale" he says with a poke of my nose. My nostrils flare-- feeling my cheeks rising in warmth. I say nothing-- keeping my lips in a firm line. His hand raises-- reaching to touch my nose again but I slap his hand away. He doesn't seem at all shocked at me doing that. 

(Y/n)- "What's going on?" He says nothing-- just giving his default expression. His bangs cover his  eye-- couldn't help but look into those blues. He steps away over to the living room-- he reaches down on the coffee table, in his hand was his handgun. My chest tightens at the sight of it. What is he doing with it, I haven't seen him carry one in a while. He holds the grip of the gun--unclipping the magazine out from under. He gives it a glance before popping it back in with a loud click sound. He takes the handgun and taking it and placing it in his leg holster which I failed to notice when I checked him out entirely. 

(Y/n)- "Leon." I say his name--less angrily but more demanding. He reaches for his leather jacket-- underneath slipping his arm through one at a time. 

(Y/n)- "Is this it? You're leaving, again? " He continues to say nothing. It's starting to stab at my chest-- my heart specifically.  He walks around the couch to step towards me, now in front of me-- his lips form a small grin but it quickly turns into a firm line. 

(Leon)- " Tell me how your day was?" My eyes narrow towards him, I'm puzzled. My mouth gapes open-- my mind trying to piece words together to create a sentence.

(Y/n)- "It was, fine-- uh-- busy as usual." He nods with a side grin.

(Y/n)- " Can you tell me what this is about?" 

(Leon)-" I have to leave for a bit" Leave? why does he have to go? I thought he was-- well I don't know what exactly this is.  He stays here a couple nights--then goes off during the day. I feel like about to explode-- almost scream like, I want to yell at him...but I can't, I can't get through to him. Maybe all the training-- sorta following in his footsteps isn't enough to catch up to him. 

(Y/n)- "Where are you going?" He tilts his head to the side. I don't know why I asked-- I knew he wasn't going to tell me. He heads towards the door-- just when his hand reaches for the handle-- I reach out to him, grabbing the leather fabric of his jacket --he stops in his place. I don't know why I did that-- it was just a reaction. He looks over his shoulder his bangs covering his eye making him look dark and mysterious. 

(Y/n)- " Work was different." His head tilts slightly. 

(Y/n)- "You asked me how was work. I've been asked out to dinner tonight-- he's going to be here soon" I don't know why I told him-- In a way I was hoping it would make him stay or at least say no, anything but him leaving.

(Leon)- "(Y/n)..I don't control your life. Whatever you decide to do is entirely your choice. " his voice was deep and raspy as he spoke. I release the grip of his jacket and went towards the door, twisting it open. There to my surprise was Lucas standing at my doorstep--holding a handful of bouquet of flowers in all sorts of colors. His eyes meet mine with a wide smile-- He then sees the man behind me, his smile fading quickly. 

(Y/n)- "Uhm.." I mumbled, not knowing how to handle this situation. Lucas hands me the flowers, giving Leon a glare. I held the flowers in my hands--feeling the wrapping crinkling in my grasp. 

Leon steps closer beside me, probably attempting to flee the scene. 

I was wrong. 

His right hand gently placed at my hip, feeling his touch-- felt like sparks all around. I look over my left shoulder--- seeing his facial features closing in. Unexpectedly feeling his lips pressed against mine,My body froze-- but my lips didn't. They move alone with his-- I shut my eyes taking in this sudden action. I can smell him so much more-- with my lips against his, I can feel the stubble lightly prickling me. That doesn't bother me at all. My entire body feels like it's floating, almost as if this is the first time he's kissing me. 

He pulls his lips back-- just lightly brushing mine. He moves his lips to my ear. 

(Leon)- "I'll see you in a few days" He whispers into my left ear, sending tingles down my side. He straightens his back and exits out the door-- knowing Lucas was there waiting for our date to begin.  Seeing his back fade into the dark-- I was shocked--stunned, numb where I stand. My eyes dart to Lucas who was offended-- and in shock as well. 

(Y/n)-"I--uhh--" Leon has scrambled my grammar-- I couldn't come up with anything. Lucas's eyes said it all-- along with his posture. 

(Lucas)- "You know what....Something came up-- I gotta go." He says with pursed lips and leaving my doorstep giving me his back. 

(Y/n)- "Lucas!" I call out to him-- but he kept going, he gets into his car and drives off leaving me with these flowers he had gotten me. Shit what the fuck-- is going on?! I don't-- Gahh! I shut the front door and look to the flowers, Lucas bought me flowers for our date. My fingers reach up to my lips-- the scent of Leon still lingering nearby, the feeling of his lips pressed against mine is still there. 

Shit. What the hell do I do? I look back to the flowers and continue to feel the touch of my lips.