CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: Patience

LEON'S POV:

I turn around watching her leave with that guy. He shouldn't take my warning lightly. A guy nearby looks to me. I remember him. He's one of (Y/n)'s co-workers. Niko, If I remember. He caught sight of me and darts his eyes to his computer screen. 

I get the feeling I'm not liked here at her work station. She tells so little about me and her co-workers think I'm the bad guy. Let them think what they want about me. 

(Niko)- "Is that all you need?" he asked looking up from his computer screen. I shift my shoulder in his direction.I look down at my returning jacket.I half expected it to be torn to shreds after I left-- I'm glad its not. This one happens to be my current favorite. Still...whatever happened to my brown one? That one was my all time favorite.

(Leon)- "yeah this is all I needed" I head towards the from of the station only to be stopped by someone leaning near the wall looking straight at me. 

Suit and tie, hair swept back. Badge clipped to his harness. This guy's the Lieutenant. 

He peels away from the wall to stand in front of my way.

(Lieutenant)- " You're hard to get a hold of "he crosses his arms keeping his shoulders slightly hunched. 

(Leon)- "My job keeps me busy" I say in a light tone.

(Lieutenant)- " Is your job that important to you?" I make no expression towards him. What I do is for the sake of everyone, even if it costs me my life. There's more agents in the DSO to continue where I leave off. Since I'm still in the game, I'll be around more often. 

(Leon)- "Who're you?" I asked. 

(Lieutenant)- " Eugene Tanner. Tanner.  Lieutenant of this station. Also (Y/n)'s ex" Now it's clear why he stopped me. I keep my expression plain.

(Lieutenant)- "Leon Kennedy, I'm guessing?" I nodded once. 

(Lieutenant)- " Let me start by saying this. (y/n) is a strong, smart woman..." she's many things, I'll refrain from thinking any more words to describe her. 

(Lieutenant)- "She's not someone you can put to the side and leave -- come back too whenever you feel like it." I'm curious why he's the 'Ex' but I think I already know the answer to that. 

(Leon)- "What happens between (Y/n) and I has nothing to do with you" 

(Lieutenant)- " It does you play around with her emotions. It affects her job here too" His nose flares while he spoke. I straighten my shoulders wide 

(Leon)- " Are you protecting her as a friend or as an ex?" He blinks a few times, running his fingers through his hair. 

(Lieutenant)- " As a friend. I worry for her sometimes... She needs protection..." I smirk, he sees it and his eyebrow twitched. I take a step forward standing beside him about to leave. 

(Leon)- " That's why I'm here" before I take another step he spoke. 

(Lieutenant)- " You didn't answer my question. Is your job that important to you?" I look straight ahead-- seeing the sunsetting out the clear glass entrance doors. My job was the only thing I've known for so long. Now...it's gotten tricky and frustrating. 

(Leon)- "It's beneficial. Let's just leave it at that." I walk away heading out-- breathing in the cool air. I've done many missions in my life, all making the world just a little safer. Even putting my life on the line-- has done a number on me.

But where does (Y/n) fit into my world? 

I step down the concrete steps, heading towards my vehicle. 

Ellen street. That's where she was heading off too.