CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Ain't That A Kick In The Head (Part 2)

(Time Skip)

(Time Skip)

An upbeat song plays into my headphones. This song brings back memories of my younger days-- high school with Ashley. I lightly chuckle at the thought. Maybe if I look up at the stars-- I might be able to find a shooting star....Make a wish and maybe go back to my highschool.

No. that wouldn't work. In a few years I'll just end up getting kidnapped with Ashley. I wasn't suppose to be there. What if I wasn't there and Ashley was taken by herself? What outcome would that have been? I wouldn't have met Leon. None of this wouldn't happen. Tall Oaks-- still maybe...I could be dead in that explosion.

Shit. stop, stop-- stop thinking! Take in a deep breath and relax. As I continue to stare at the night sky the song ends nothing playing after that. I felt a rain drop fall right on my cheek-- oh no. rain again? Didn't it rain enough this afternoon? It slowly starts to drizzle. I lean up from the grass, I exhaled seeing my cool breath. My arms release goosebumps-- body begins to shiver inside the raincoat. I should head home. It's getting late. I'm starting to feel pain in my stomach from being hungry. My eyes look all around the neighborhood. Where the hell am I? I stopped by the park-- my hands pat the outside of my legging and coat-- shit. I forgot I didn't bring my phone.

I guess I'll try to backtrack my way home. Shouldn't be so hard. As I walk with my headphones in, listening to my music with little volume so I can still hear and not be bothered.

Once the crosswalk was green I made it to the otherside. Nothing but small local bars, blasting heavy metal and people cheering, glasses clanking together. A bar door opens-- causing me to dodge out of the way. Three men came out, one was obviusoly drunk-- you can smell it. The other was on his way and lastly the other one seemed sober, most likely the driver.I tried not to stare-- the drunk man caught eyes making him smile. I tried to continue on walking.

(Drunk)- "Hey!--hey, you with the headphones!" my feet pick up the pace, footsteps quickly approaching behind me. An unfamiliar touch harshly yank my arm.

(Drunk)- "Hey-- where you going so fast? Come party with us" his breath was fowl-- his other tipsy friend agreed for me to join them but the sober friend tried to explain and apologize but the tipsy friend wouldn't let him speak.

(Y/n)- "Let go of my arm" I say calmly.

(Tipsy)- "Come drink with us-- we'll show you how to party" his eyes look up and down my body. I feel violated--thats just with his eyes. I don't want to stand here and find out what happens next.

(Y/n)- " You'll be assaulting an officer if you don't let go of my arm" I say sternly tugging my arm back but he had a firm grip on it. I feel my heart slightly beating faster. I don't like this.

(Tipsy)- "If You're a cop-- show us some ID then" Shit-- I don't have anything on me besides my iPod.

(Drunk)- "Take the headphones out. My friend asked you a question." my headphones were yanked out and disconnected from the Ipod and tossed onto the floor.

(Tipsy)- "You're not a cop-- come join us" He hooks his arm with mine-- both my arms being detained. 

(Drunk)- "Yeah come on--" they pull my arms leading with them.

(Y/n)- " Let me go!" what the fuck! these guys are grabbing me like I'm one of their friends! gahh--- put me down! 

(Drunk)- " Don't be rude now!"

(Voice)-"Put her down."  The men come to a stop turning around. 

My heart sank-- deeper than my feet--all the way to the earths core. My boy feels light-- I can't even feel these guys hands on me at the moment. There he was-- standing tall with his hands in his coat pocket. 

(Drunk)- " What are you gonna do about it?" 

(Leon)- " I don't think you guys want to ruin your night by sitting in a jail cell" they eyed me and released my arms. I stepped closer to his tall fit frame in dark clothing-- I couldn't see but I knew who that is just by the voice. The group of guys begin to talk amongst themselves figuring out what to do.

(Y/n)- "What're you doing here?" I whispered for him hear.

(Leon)- " Breaking orders" he spoke over his shoulder, not giving me a glance.

(Leon)- "You three go on home, leave her alone." my ears tune the others out-- only hearing the sound of rain and Leon's voice when he spoke to them. Once I heard footsteps fading, he turns around to face me. There they were...those blue eyes, dark dirty blond hair-- bangs covering his right eyes. The bad feeling those guys gave me went away and now-- I'm in a trance of our thing. It falls into silence. Three months--three months ago he told me to move on why is he back? 

(Y/n)- "Why--

(Leon)- " Not here." He interrupted me. My mouth stays closed, he begins to walk in the direction I was going to head back home. He turns around and seeing me not moving-- he stood there waiting for me to be by his side. 

I don't know what to say, what to feel-- I feel angry, sad-- relieved that he is okay and alive but in my chest i think I'm still hurting. What am I going to say when he returns me home? I know one thing I'm going to do-- I have to do it before the angry emotion goes away.