Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Sheena acted like a viper, reaching out and slapping him upside the head, he promised not to bring that up in front of others. But the moment his face crumpled in pain and a low moan emitted from him, she immediately forgot all but the concern for him, as her hands fluttered once more. Only to be caught off guard as he tackled her back upon the ground, his face breaking out in a stunning smile. Planting a sweet kiss on her temple before bringing his lips to her ear. “I should think that would teach you who the superior of us is, at the sly version of battle, we are undergoing.” He kissed the tip of her ear, which he noticed for the first time was slightly pointed. Aye, she was his fae princess, she just did not know it.

Rolling to his back away from her, he looked up at the bright pale blue sky above him. Having to squint against the brightness. Before trying to sit once more, feeling the ache in his lower back, and knowing that he would have to be careful of the already healed wound as it was not fully knitted together. He could feel the tension in the skin as it threatened to tear as he sat up more carefully from the feeling. “Feandan, how many of those fat rabbits did you find?” He licked his lips dramatically, before looking down upon Sheena who just scowled up at him from her back, her lips locked in a thin line. He could not stop the chuckle that escaped him, and he just managed to dodge as her hand snaked out to slap him once more. He managed to snag her wrist before she could pull it back, and gave her a stern look he remember Isla giving him and Artair more than once when they were bairns. They had imitated her speeches often enough he had the look down. In a stern voice he addressed her. “Getting a little violent are we not?”

As her lips opened and closed, sound refusing to leave her, he could not keep up the pretence. Smiling widely he looked down at her captured wrist. “Are you going to slap me once more if I release you.” In all of a moment she looked all sweetness and light, and he did not trust her for a minute. She shook her head slowly. “Hmm, now why do I not believe you? I have always heard tales of the fickle, sly nature of the fae, have you just a little of this in you?” His lips pulled into a crooked grin, “I think you do have the blood of the fae in you. Let alone the druids.” Standing in a move not quite as smooth as it should have been due to his back, he did not release her, instead pulling her up with him, and dragging him behind her towards the small fire pit the men were creating. She sputtered a little. “I never said I have the blood of the druids.”

He pulled to a stop, and turned to face her, looking over her flushed cheeks and bright eyes, a little fear creeping into the deep blue depths. “Nay, you did not have too. I have heard to many a tale similar to yours not to put the pieces together myself. Though you are the eldest I have heard of.” He reached up and stroked her cheekbone with his thumb, luxuriating in the feel of her soft silken skin beneath his touch. Shock replaced the fear. “You…You know of others like me…” Hope filled her, only for him to see her crush it down trying to supress something which could hurt her if it turned out not to be true. His other hand still other wrist, his thumb stroking her inner wrist once more. As the other carried on stroking her cheek. “Aye, though I know of none who could remember as much as you must have, the pain and the anguish you must have gone through.” He shook his head, a sigh pulled from his chest. “No, the ones I know of were nothing but babes when they entered this time. Most know nothing of the place they came from, apart from what can be told them by others.”