Chapter 23 Her dream

┍━━━━━━━☆━━━━━━━┑
KING's POV
┕━━━━━━━⋯━━━━━━━┙

Right after the dinner, I went to our room and threw myself on bed. I'm already wearing a sleep wear but I'm not going to sleep yet. What happened today and what Jake told me about Vince bothers me.

I can't still believe that guy is our superior. I thought he's just a cocky rookie who aims for the first rank
Who dreams to drag us down from our rank. But, it turns out that it's not just a mere dream for him. He could easily bring us down if he wishes too. His strength is enough to beat all of us so I wonder what's his reason for not taking over our rank these past 2 years.

What's his objectives? Why did he keep his real identity from everyone in underground, unlike Rusty? Why is he pretending that he's just a mere gangster? Why is he aiming the first rank now? Does he want power? Praises? He could easily have those–even more than that, if he reveals himself.

He's really something. He's unpredictable. His mysteriousness is reminding me of Ace.

I pretended to be asleep when I heard the door opens. It's Eerie, I can tell from her sweet scent. She walked towards me and I was mentally taken aback when she pat my forehead, probably checking my temperature.

"Glad you're fine now." She said.

"Good night, Ash. Have a sweet dreams." She added in soft voice. She sounds so sweet that triggered my heart to beat madly.

Damn, Eerie! How could you unintentionally drive me crazy?

She turned off the lights then turned on the dim lamp shade before she went to her bed. Gusto ko siyang silipin but I'm afraid she'll find out that I'm just pretending to be asleep. Pinanindigan ko na ang pagtutulog tulugan ko hanggang sa tuluyan na akong makatulog.

I was awaken when I felt that someone seems like hugging me so I opened my eyes to see it for myself. And I was surprised upon seeing that it was Eerie.

"I'm scared." She murmured. Sumiksik siya sa dibdib ko at mas hinigpitan ang pagkakayakap sa‘kin.

I gulped. Hindi ko alam pero tila may libo libong boltahe ang dumaloy sa katawan ko dahil sa ginawa niyang 'yon. I suddenly feel hot sa kabila ng lamig ng AC.

THIS IS BAD. Her addictive scent is driving me more crazy. This is not good.

I took out a deep breath to calm myself. When I feel a bit better, marahan ko siyang niyakap pabalik.

"Did you have a bad dream again?" I asked and she responded with a nod.

Then silence ruled over.

"Do you—" Hindi ko nagawang tapusin ang sasabihin ko ng mapatitig ako sa maamo niyang mukha. Seems like she's asleep again.

She looks like a sleeping baby. Staring at her angelic face melts my heart. Oh God! How could she makes me feel so soft like this?

I couldn't take it anymore.

I kissed her forehead lightly. Down to the tip of her nose, and as gentle as a lone breeze, I kissed her lips. I unconsciously closed my eyes upong feeling its warmness.

My heart is now beating like crazy. It's driving me insane. I know this is wrong but why does it feel so right?

Damn, Eerie! Forgive me. I don't know what gotten into me. I just found myself finding you addictive.

━━ ━━

Nagising ako na wala na sa tabi ko si Eerie. Napatingin ako sa kama niya ngunit wala rin siya roon. I checked the time on my watch only to find out that it's just 5:03 o'clock in the morning. Masyado pang maaga.