Chapter 40 Locket

┍━━━━━━━☆━━━━━━━┑
PRINCESS's POV
┕━━━━━━━⋯━━━━━━━┙

It's been 3 days since I came here in my grandparents house. They were surprised because of my sudden arrival but they're also happy about it. The last time we saw each was 3 years ago and according to them, they missed me so much so these past few days they've been spoiling me. 

Just like now. Grandma bought tons of dresses and set of jewelries and I've been trying each and one of it for hours now. I'm exhausted but couldn't complain dahil baka mag drama na naman siya. 

Hindi ko na mabilang kung ilang beses na ako nagpalit at ang dami pang natira na hindi ko pa naisusuot.

Ugh, I'm beat! Helppp!

"Sweetheart, would you like to join me for a tea?" Grandpa spoke up kaya agad akong napalingon sa kanya.

He smiled as if telling me "I know you want to get out of here" kaya agad akong napangiti.

"Yes, with pleasure!"

"But—" Grandma wasn't able to finish her words because grandpa interrupted.

"Amanda, you've bond enough it's my turn now." Hindi nakaimik si grandma dahil buong araw ay magkasama nga kami, ganun rin kahapon.

"Alright.." She sighed in defeat.

-

Grandpa and I went to the backyard porch. We sat on the tea table area and the maids prepared everything before leaving us alone.

"Thanks back there, grandpa." I spoke up.

"No worries. I also want to hear how have you been these past few years." He replied and poured a tea on my teacup.

I know grandpa is aware of everything but just wanted to hear it from me.

“I was depressed. Mourning. And still blaming myself for Angelo’s death. I couldn't bring myself to act all jolly after everything.” I said before taking a sip of my tea. “I guess I indeed become cold and gloomy after losing him.”

Nanatiling tahimik si grandpa kaya nagpatuloy ako sa pag kukwento.

“Just recently, dad sent me on a mission in the Philippines. And guess what? His motive was to see how much I’ll change after meeting some people.”

“And did you?”

Natahimik ako dahil hindi ko alam ang isasagot ko. Did I?

“Are they fun?” Muli niyang tanong na tinugunan ko ng tango.

“Then what’s wrong? Your dad just probably want you to meet new people, have fun, and be happy again.”

“Then what? He knows I can’t be friends with just random people. Why would he want me to grow comfortable with them?

To put them in danger? So I’d suffer after losing them? Didn't I suffer enough after losing my fiancé? I’m still hurting up to this day.”

Minsan hindi ko rin maintindihan ang takbo ng isip ni dad. But I’m sure may mas malalim pa siyang dahilan and that’s what I have to find out.

“Sweetie, is Angelo your sole happiness? Can’t you be happy and live your life without him?” Sabi’t tanong niya na nagpangiti sa‘kin ng mapait.

“How dare I be happy when he died because of me..”

And the fact that I had a dream last night where Angelo told me that I look happier when I'm with Ash and his friends than I am when I was with him makes guilt take over me.