Chapter 10 - Dinner

The doors open up into a spacious dining hall, a large oak table centred the room covered in silk napkins, china plates and polished cutlery. Servants shuffling around conduct final touches before stepping back, waiting to serve.

Ash and I, standing in the doorway, are escorted to seats. The carved table was able to seat a number of people but only occupied six places. Ash and I take seats on one side of the centre, facing the doors, opposite us are two empty spaces as well as one at each end of the table.

I notice Julia smiling from the end of the table closest to me, and at the other end, opposite her, sat a middle-aged man.

He wore a gentle yet stern look and was dressed royally in a maroon-coloured cashmere suit, resembling Julia's gown, his short dark hair sat cleanly with his crown.

The current ruler, King Nightshade, the head of the royal family. His presence is strong, yielding as a blessing and a curse. I unconsciously stiffen, feeling conflicted, my whole life lived despising vampires and now I sit in a room with their king.

Everything is different now, they aren't all evil, calling them a monster would mean that I am one too. Relaxing, I unclench my fist, glancing at the King, I silently communicate, "I'll try my best to be a Queen worthy of your respect."

Ash pulls me from my thoughts by bumping his knee against mine, "sorry," I whisper-apologise, "I can't help it," I humour with a slight smile on my lips.

My gaze goes to the, newly present, characters facing us, Eli and Clyde. Both males in complimenting suits and matching smiles, from cheek to cheek. Their date must have gone well, I assume from their grins.

Dinner flies by idly, courses of, no doubt, world-class food fed to us and the vampires' meals altered to be more blood-based sating their thirsts. The awkward clattering of cutlery and tense atmosphere covered by quiet laughter and chatter.

After the last plates had been cleared up and drinks refilled, we once more sat in silence. Me and Eli sipping on wine while the others drank blood, it was time for the real talking to begin.

Clyde clears his throat, gracefully rising from his seat, acknowledging his parents he speaks, "father, mother, this is Elliot Wilson," he gently takes Eli's hand bringing him to also rise, "he is my beloved and I love him."

Eli blushes meeting Clyde's gaze, "I love you too."

They are adorable, I think as a grin grows on my face.

Julia claps her hands enthusiastically, "two in one day, Alfie our boys are doing well. Elliot, we are happy to finally meet you, I'm Julia and there is my husband, Alfred..." Julia's gaze goes from Eli to the king, who nods his head. Julia squeals, " and we bless your union," she says her voice joined by the king.

Clyde exhales audibly, I hadn't noticed that he was holding his breath and neither did Eli as he looks worriedly at Clyde.

Clyde just smiles kissing Eli. I turn to Ash, quirking a brow. "Our parents accepted their relationship, Clyde was worried they wouldn't accept Eli," Ash explained quietly.

Oh, that makes sense, was Ash not worried about them accepting me? I study him for a second, he doesn't look nervous. With an amused face, Ash bumps my knee.

My attention goes to Eli as he speaks, "thank you, it's nice to meet the both of you as well and, please, call me Eli." Clyde also says thanks to his parents before they both sit back down.

Ash takes my hand squeezing it, he stands, I stand with him, matching his stance with my shoulders back and keeping myself held high.

"This is my beloved, Elouise Hills," he pauses letting me speak.

"Hi," I wave timidly, Julia happily returns my wave and Alfred smiles responding with a smaller wave. "I've met Julia and Clyde, Eli I already knew, so it's nice to meet you, Alf..." I stop unsure whether to use Alfred or Alfie.

The king chuckles, "call me Alfie."

"Right, Alfie, you can call me Elle," I say warmly.

No one says anything until Julia clears her throat prompting Alfie, "we bless your union."

Ash and I both thank them before Ash takes over, "it's rushed but Elle and I are engaged, we hope to be married soon." Everyone smiles, congratulating us.

"Just in time for your crowning, you will become a king with a queen by your side," Julia gushes.

"Speaking of your coronation, it'll take place at the end of this week, enough time for the wedding and for the rest of our guests to arrive," Alfred informs.

"Now that's all sorted, may we excuse yourselves from the table?" Clyde asks, his question futile as Julia interrupts, leaving no time for an answer.

"A question, if I may?" She queries, looking towards Ash and I. We nod, letting her continue.

"It's about your wedding, can I plan it? Please, I promise to make it the best wedding ever," She says bouncing with excitement.

My eyes meet Ash's, he winks, I smile in return then begin to speak, "that would be lovely Julia, but could we keep it small, we don't want anything too extravagant, just a simple ceremony."

"I can work with that, is tomorrow good?"

That's soon, but, I guess, the sooner the better. This marriage doesn't hold any important meaning, it is just a bond needed for Ash and I's rule together. Our love won't be symbolised by this wedding, we are mates, soul mates, two halves of one whole. I don't mind the wedding be so soon as I will love Ash no matter what.

"Tomorrow is perfect," I smile.

Bringing our gathering to an end, Alfred dismisses everyone, allowing us to go.

Clyde leaves hand in hand with Eli after a quick, "goodbye." Shortly after, I leave with Ash heading back to our room.

As soon as we pass through the threshold of our door, I kick off my heels and flop onto the bed. Letting out a loud sigh in content, "that went well," I admit.

"Yes it did," Ash chuckles, jumping onto the bed, the big impact causing me to fly into the air.

Laughing uncontrollably, I end up on the floor with a thump. Surprisingly, landing on the floor doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would, I think.

"That's cause you landed on me, love." Ash groans.

I embrace him, "thank you for catching me," I say, giving him a light kiss on the lips.

——————————————————
Eeek I really hate this chapter it's so messy, I've tried to edit it the best I can but I'm so bad with interactions (^as u can clearly see lol)

Finally, we meet the King of Vamps, King Nightshade or Alfie ;-)

A lot is going to happen in the next chapter.

*whispers* "out next week" *winks*

Thank you, again, for all the votes, reads, and comments. I love you all!

Enami out ;-)