Chapter 20 - Power Up

Back in the car, I didn't speak, I just stared outside the window watching the scenery blur as we drove by.

"Zoooom," Eli said quietly making me smile. He smiles in return, "what's wrong? You do know this is the second time I've had to ask, I'm starting to think there's more than you're letting on."

Turning I look him in the eyes, I'm the luckiest girl to be surrounded by people who really care about me. Should I tell him what's on my mind but I don't want to trouble him. I've already hurt him too much.

"Eli," I put my hand over his, "I have a lot going on right now, you know that. As your best friend I don't want to trouble you anymore than I have already. Plus I've got this, there's just some things that don't make sense, things I need to figure out on my own. So could we please change the subject and talk about something else," I explain, he listens intently.

Grinning widely he speaks, a chill runs down my spine, I'm not going to like this, "not so virgin, care to explain what happened I'm guessing last night," he snickers.

"I can't believe you just said that," I groan in embarrassment with a wide smile.

"Yep I did, can't believe my little Elle got some, I don't need to ask who, aww Elle and Ash sitting in a tree," he sings, then says, "doing more then just kissing," Eli let's out a laugh, "was he good hmm? He better have been gentle, I swear if he hurt you," he seethes slightly.

"Oh my jeez, he didn't hurt me," I say loud enough for him to hear, "and yeah he was good," I say a little quieter.

"Good, he better treat you how you deserve to be treated, like his queen."

"He does, don't worry and anyway I'm not the only not so virgin here mister Wilson, how's it going with Clyde, I'm guessing great enough for him to mount you," I say holding in a laugh with new found confidence on the subject of intimacy.

"You better believe it, I'm growing up Elle, going places and getting it, don't worry your brother in law is in very good hands," he laughs.

We continue conversing, lightheartedly, until we reach the castle.

"Oh," I say stepping out the car, "did you ask Clyde about moving to Thistle?"

"Yep, he wasn't very happy with the idea but after some convincing," he smirks," I managed to get him to agree and he's coming with me."

"That's great, having a vampire on site, especially a pure blood, means that everyone would be better understanding that vampires aren't all the monsters we were told they are, thanks for convincing him."

"It's no problem, plus it's a new responsibility that came with the job."

We had reached the lobby the time we finished speaking, separating from there, Eli handed me my bag and said that he'd see me later.

Throwing open the door to my room, I placed the bag to one side, kicked off my shoes and flopped onto the bed.

Sprawled out, I winced when my arms made contact with the sudden impact. I unwrapped the fresh bandages the maid helped me with earlier to see my arms still covered in open wounds barely healed from yesterday.

Looking up at the clock I see that the time is 10:46am I had just over an hour before Ash would take me for lunch. I guess I should get to reading.

The books I took from the study sat on my vanity, sitting at the table I open the first volume.

Groaning at the thickness of the book, I realise I can use a spell to read faster, staring at my eyes in the mirror I whisper, "speed," by directing the command on my eyes I can read as fast as I like.

About 40 minutes later I had finished both books, the first held a lot of information on past demons, different family branches and how some families hold varied strengths for others. As well as how all demons could summon magic and bend it to their will, like the single worded commands and how very powerful demons could use sentence commands, resulting in higher impact spells that take a greater force of energy to initiate.

The second book spoke of the spiritual body, how to harness more power. Magic filtered through the body could be used to heal or enhance spells. The book also, dictating that thoughts affect spells too, confirming that when my emotions are messed up my magic is very unstable.

"Ok let's see how this goes," I mumble to myself holding my arms up, the burns facing the ceiling. Breathing, I sense the vibrations from the magic in the air, I pull the energy towards me like a magnet.

Absorbing the power, I feel in stir within me, feeling it pull back out, I held a ball of glowing white.

This must be magic in its filtered form, slowly I moved it getting used to the touch. Gently, I used one hand, with the luminous ball and traced my ruined skin, watching the glow transfer to my arms, then repeated with the other arm.

The burns tingled with the light, my skin moved, welding back together, the blisters disappearing along with the pain.

Staring wide eyed at my arms I couldn't believe I had healed myself, there wasn't even any scarring.

"Yes, yes, yes," I chanted fist pumping the air, "I did it, I can believe I did," I squealed jumping into the bed.

"What did you do?" Ash's voice fills the room, his head poking up from the door.

Bouncing off the bed I run to him, grabbing his shirt, I pull him into the room, kicking the door shut.

Standing on my toes, I kiss Ash deeply, leaning into his frame, I don't let go.

Hands resting on my waist he kisses me back, tongue swiping against my bottom lip asking for entrance. Opening my mouth for him, I wrap my arms around his neck.

Swiftly Ash breaks the kiss, pulling back, removing my arms from around him, looking panicked.

"You'll hurt your arms-" pausing he looks at my forearms, his hands holding them, he moves them up then down, then moves his head to the side.

"Your arms they are healed, there isn't a mark in site," he states, concern leaving his face, "so this is what you did, learning how to use your power more." A smile on his face, eyes gleaming with pride. His thoughts reading, 'this is my wife, damn she's powerful."

I smile, letting out a giggle, "yup, I'm a force to be reckoned with," pecking his lips, "lunch?" I ask.

"We've got a bit before we have to go, I'm going to change into something less formal, I suggest you change too, we are going to picnic in the garden."

"Alright, let's go," I say excitement evident as I skip to the closet.
——————————————————
A bit going on in this chapter, I hope everyone had a good summer!!

Mine was decent, scared and excited to start 6th form in 2ish weeks, woooo.

Next chapter out in a bit, hehe.

Enami out ;-)