Chapter 28 - Our Ending

"Elle!" I hear my name, coming faintly from above. They must be looking for me, I guess it's time to go.

Exiting the dungeons, I find myself back at the doors where I knocked out a pair of guards. Ash comes down the corridor with Clyde, Eli and Peter hot on his trail, so that's where Peter went.

I don't know how to feel as Ash strides towards me, he wears a black fitted suit with a ceremonial robe wrapped around his shoulders. His expression angry but his emotions swirling.

I feel overwhelmed, I could run for it but that'd make him angrier, plus the others would catch me.

I stay rooted in my place, "hey guys," I awkwardly wave, giving them a small smile.
Ash doesn't slow and as he nears me I cautiously back up, "I'm ok," I squeak with my hands out.

Still panicking, I push thoughts into his head, showing him what happened and all that Jennie told me. His arms wrap around me, "you're crazy," he breathes out with a laugh.

"I know but you love it," smiling I return his hug, then look behind him. Clyde wears a sincere smile, his hand moving in small circles on Eli's back. Eli and Peter look equally distraught, Eli's eyes watery and Peter's eyes wide in disbelief.

"James is alive?" Eli asks me. Confusion takes over my features for a moment before I realise what I'd done, I pushed my thoughts into everyone's mind, not just Asher's.

"Yes, he's ok," I answer, Ash, releases me from his grip.

Eli let's out a sigh of relief, "thank god."

My thoughts go to Peter, our gazes meet, he gives me a sad smile before speaking, "it's alright, I already knew my parents were dead, I'm just happy to know that they loved me. I'm happy that I still have family left."

Clyde gags, "ok enough with the mushy family stuff, if you remember we've got a coronation to attend."

"Clyde!" Eli chastises, in turn making us all laugh. But he was right we had a coronation to get to.
.....
The car stops outside the venue, Ash takes my hand and leads us up the stairs of the building, rows of people line the edges, buzzing with excitement. Reporters and cameras dotted throughout recording the biggest event of the century.

We are escorted through the main entrance all the way until we reach a set of impressive wood carved doors. As soon as the doors open, the parade would start, the former monarchs should be waiting on the other side of the aisle and everyone will watch as Ash goes in first with me behind him.

Everyone, from the whole of vampire country to the ambassadors and citizens of surrounding nations.

I hold my breath in anticipation as a pair of well-dressed men go to pull down the handles. Don't stress, I remind myself for the thousandth time.

Ash squeezes my hand before whispering into my ear, "we've got this, love, it's you and me for the next hundred years." He chastely kisses my lips then releases my hand. The doors open and cheers erupt.

Pure-bloods flank Ash, among them I recognise Alex and Matt, as he strides towards the former monarchs with his head held high.

I step into motion a few feet behind them, pure-bloods trailing around me, to my side I catch a glimpse of Lily's lilac hair. I keep my head held high and let a smile grace my face as I kept walking. 

Reaching my position beside Ash the room falls silent. Alfie stands tall in front of Ash, Julia a little way behind him. Everyone watches as the old king, that has served his 100-year reign, begins the ceremony to crown the new king.

"Here stands Asher Nightshade, Pureblood Prince of Vampires and the oldest heir to the Country's throne, your next king," Alfred's voice fills the hall, "do you accept him?" He asks the crowd.

Without missing a beat, hollers and cheers fill the silence, the crowd goes wild showing their love for the soon-to-be king. They accept him.

The room becomes silent awaiting the next question. "Besides him stands his Queen consort, Elouise Nightshade, Dark-blooded demon, formerly of the Thistle Clan. Your next Queen," he looks down at me then into the crowd, "do you accept her?"

A single voice cheers from my right, I twist my head to see James, "that's my girl, woo!"
Jennie claps along, "Queen Elouise."

Eli joins in hollering, "yes Queen Elouise for the win!" He nudges Clyde, prompting him to smile and begin cheering as well.

Without another moment, Matt, Alex and Lily join in, chanting my name, "Queen Elouise!!"

Their infectious energy soon gets the whole crowd buzzing and shouting my name, I turn back to Alfie who gives me a warm smile, "good job kiddo."

Alfie speaks again, quieting the crowd, "kneel before your subjects, and take your crowns," Ash kneels and holds his hand out to help me down. Julia then steps up, simultaneously she and Alfie remove the temporary pieces from mine and Ash's head, putting them aside. They take off their crowns and hold them high.

"You will wear the crowns as a symbol of everlasting love and loyalty to your people, for the next century we bind you to them," Alfie places the crown on Ash's head and Julia's on mine, Ash stands and I copy, we now face the crowd as Julia and Alfie announce, "may the Blood Court rain."

"May the Blood Court rain," the room echoes. Ash takes my hand a throws it up with his, the crowd roars with excitement.
.....
"Ash I need help," I whine, annoyed, I can't reach the back of my dress and I've been trying for the last 5 minutes. I walk out the closet holding up my skirt, without the heels I'm drowning in all the fabric.

"Of course love," he replies, I turn around and he unlaces the dress, he then hugs me from behind leaning his head on my shoulders.

Ash presses a series of kisses on my skin, "Ash," I sigh, he hums in response. Stopping his assault of kisses, I feel him inhale against my skin causing me to shudder.

"You're such a tease," I mumble, hearing my words he blows out a harsh breath, I yelp in surprise. "Ass, I hope you trip over, now lets go we have another party to get to before the day's over."

I walk back into the closet slipping into my final dress, a long-sleeved wine coloured wrap dress that ended mid-thigh. It's satin fabric and loose structured helped hide the baby bump. I'm glad the party was more formal-casual than the last two events.

"You smell different," Ash comments, I pick up a pair of ankle boots before walking out of the closet to the seat by my vanity to put them on.

"It's probably all the sweat I worked up from running around in a dress that weighs a freaking tonne," I joke.

"Perhaps," he laughs then continues, "but it's like your scent has changed completely."

"Hmm, that is odd..." Maybe it's because of the... my thoughts trail off as I look at Ash.

"Because of the... what?" He asks.

"Don't worry. I promise to tell you later," I assure walking over to him, "come on, our people are waiting," I smile holding out my hand.
——————————————————
And that's a wrap. I decided to end the story here, I think it's a good point, you can just imagine all the other adventures they fall into.

I might do an epilogue and like bonus chapters I guess, stuff like an Ash Pov and I think an Eli Pov would be funny, ooh and I kinda wanna put in baby Nightshade (Elle and Ash's child). So don't worry there's still more to come, but nothing plot-relevant.

New stories are in the making, I hope you guys stick with me but if not thank you for coming this far. I really do appreciate all the support I've gotten, even if it was an accidental read lol.

Hope to see y'all soon.

Enami out ;-)