10. hold my hand - lisa

a/n: enjoy this mess, not my best work i won't lie, but enjoy anyway

--

4:34 AM

I stir in the bed as something brings me out of my deep slumber. My eyes take a few seconds to adjust to the lighting in the room - I mean it's dim lighting, but it still takes a while to get used to. I reach my arm over to find that there's no one sleeping next to me and frown, however a smile appears on my face when I remember the events of yesterday and that Chae and I fell asleep together. 

Then I hear what woke me up. I hear Chae singing and playing the piano. She's singing one of my favourite songs - Can't Help Falling In Love. The way she sings is so beautiful - it's like God mixed honey and roses together and created the prettiest voice in the entire world. It sends chills down my body when she sings the high notes, and I melt because of how much emotion goes into her singing. 

As quietly as I can, I turn and reach over to grab my phone. I hit the record button so I can listen to her forever because God only knows when she'll sing for me - my baby is so insecure so she's never sang in front of me or in front of anyone for that matter. I place my phone on my pillow and close my eyes so I don't have to see anything, but so I can just hear her gorgeous voice.

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you  

Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you  

Unconsciously, a smile creeps up to my face because now I  know she's singing about me - not to toot my own horn or anything. When she's finished singing the song I can here her squeak a little and says something lowly. "Lisa, I don't know when I'm going to show you this, but I want you to know that I can't help but fall in love with you and I'm sorry I made you wait so long. I love you with everything I have, Lali," with that I hear a click and I presume she turns off a camera. I can't help but hold my hand to my heart when she says that and I have to hold back a giggle.

I hear her shuffling around, probably moving the electric piano back into the closet and moving her video camera so I stop the recording and slide my phone under the pillow, pretending to be asleep. She turns off the light and lies back down on the bed next to me. Instead of going to sleep she just starts scrolling through her phone. I furrow my eyebrows - why isn't she going to sleep?

So, actress Lalisa kicks in. I whine a little, pretending to wake up due to her phone's light. I stretch out my arms and scoot closer to her. "Baby, why aren't you asleep?" I yawn, wrapping my arm around her waist. I trace my fingers over her toned abs in circles.

"No reason," she mumbles, placing her phone on her locker. She turns around in my arms and I pull her closer, my hand on the small of her back, still tracing my finger along her soft skin. 

"Really?" I ask, frowning at her. "What time is it?"

"Half four," she replies, closing her eyes and burying her head in my chest. 

"Rosie," I sigh, running my fingers through her hair. "Why are you awake? Can you not sleep?"

"I had a nightmare," she admits quietly. 

"What about?" I stop tracing my fingers and instead rub her back in circles slowly. She doesn't answer but I can feel my chest getting wet. I hear her sniffle and realise that her tears are soaking through the hoodie she gave me. "Baby, talk to me," I comfort her as best as I can by holding her close as I can, as she clutches my clothes. I kiss the top of her blonde head. 

"My parents - th-they said they d-didn't love me and k-kicked me out," she says softly, her voice muffled by my hoodie. I wait patiently as she cries quietly a little more before she speaks again. "What if they do it Lisa? What if they kick me out?" I stop running my fingers through her hair and instead wrap my arm around the top of her torso.