19. the way - chae

Three Months Later.

Well. It's been three months.

I was suppose to hear back from the label within three months of sending in the final audition and I haven't heard back from them. They're suppose to send a letter and everyday I check the post box in the lobby of Lisa's apartment, and so far I haven't received any news.

After two months I decided it was time to give up on that dream and had to email a bunch of places that still had auditions open for music schools. There weren't many. By that I mean, there weren't any that were still accepting applications for the September coming, so I am stuck here until next year, playing gigs at Bobby's bar as my girlfriend goes to college.

Oh yeah. Lisa applied for colleges, like the intellectual she is, and got into a bunch of them, so next year she's going to study photography while I stay at home and attempt to make a full-time career for myself.

I mean, I don't mind that much. Me actually signing with the record label was a reach, I kind of knew that it wasn't going to happen. Next year I'll still be doing what I love, singing, and I'll be spending all of my other time with my girlfriend.

I'm actually kind of excited for that. Lisa and I will officially be moving in together, by ourselves, and starting our lives together. We can get a dog, or a cat. Or two cats. We can spend our weekends in bed together and not be judged for it. We run around the apartment and make a mess. We could walk around naked and not be judged. God. That actually sounds wonderful.

A domestic life with Lisa.

And without her parents and brother wandering around, stopping us from showering together and having sweet, sweet sex.

So yeah.

It'll be fine.

We'll be fine.

But right now, Lisa, Jisoo, Jennie and I are eating out, and they're talking amongst each other whilst I completely zone out.

"Rosie?" I'm brought out of my thoughts when I hear Jennie's voice.

"Yeah," I drop my fork into my fruit salad and look at the girl staring back at me.

"You good?" She asks with a raised brow.

"Yeah," I nod back at her with a smile.

"What were we just talking about?" She asks. Both Jisoo and Lisa then look at me.

"Uh," I bite my lip in thought of what they could've been talking about. Sex? No. Cats? Maybe. Food? Yes. "Chicken," I try with a shrug.

"Oh, my God," Jennie slams her forehead down on the table.

"What?" I turn my head to Lisa.

"We were talking about when Jisoo and Jennie's wedding should be," she tells me, curling a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Oh, well the sooner the better," I say enthusiastically. "I have ideas for bridesmaid dresses, songs, venues, your dresses, your ri-" I start to list off before getting interrupted.

"Babe," Lisa cuts me off at the peak of my excited rant.

"What? This is exciting, Lisa, and I have been brainstorming. You're wedding is going to be perfect," I tell them. "I have the list on my laptop at home. I can email you it."

"No, it's okay Rosie. Save it for your big day," Jennie tells me, smiling softly at me.

"Lisa isn't gonna propose for ages, so I may as well be of use to your guys' wedding," I reply nonchalantly.