20.

(a teeny tiny bit o' soft smut to end this little story)

July.

School had come and gone.

People had moved on and flown to all sorts of holiday resorts for the summer.

Our girls, whose story we've been following, had done no different.

A three hour flight down to Miami with their two most beloved friends for a week.

Their supposed last week together before they all went their separate ways, or at least until Chaeyoung moved to the opposite end of the country.

Tonight is their last night in the sunshine state before they have to go back to New York to spend their last day together.

They had spent their last evening on the beach until everyone was gone. Jennie and Jisoo were about to leave to go back to their hotel with Lisa, but as Lisa was walking up to where the exit was she realised that there was someone missing.

Chaeyoung was still lying in the sand, with a small blanket underneath her, looking up at the stars, listening to the calming sounds of the waves crashing. Needless to say she had been a bit quiet and reserved on their last day, obviously quite sad that their holiday, and her last days with Lisa and their friends, was drawing to a close.

Lisa stared at her beautiful girlfriend for a few seconds before gesturing for Jennie and Jisoo to go ahead to the hotel without them. She made her way back down the beach to her girlfriend. "Any space for me on that blanket?" She asked, gaining the attention of Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung sat up, bringing the blanket around her, but opening her arms so Lisa could sit under the blanket with her. Lisa crawls under Chaeyoung's arm and snuggles into her side. "Are you okay?" Lisa asked. The older girl ignored her and continued to watch the waves, leaning forward to pick up her beer and take a sip of it.

Lisa understood that her girlfriend probably didn't want to talk, so she stares at her instead and then looks up at the moon and stars. Chaeyoung noticed that Lisa was looking up and looked up with her. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" Lisa said softly. "The stars and the moon, they're so bright."

"Yeah," Chaeyoung replied just as softly, and Lisa could hear how hoarse her voice was. "I wish we could stay here together forever."

Lisa dropped her attention from the sky to look at her girlfriend again, appreciating her natural beauty in the bright light from the stars and moon. She always liked Chaeyoung's bare face, but the girl rarely went bare face, no matter how much Lisa told her she was beautiful that way.

"I wish we could too," Lisa said as Chaeyoung dropped her head into her girlfriend's neck, brushing her lips against the smooth skin. "I'm gonna miss you so much."

Chaeyoung presses a kiss against Lisa's neck. "I'm gonna miss that too," Lisa continued, smiling at the feeling of Chaeyoung's lips. The older girl pulled away from Lisa's neck and instead she captured her lips. "And I'm gon-"

"Stop talking," Chaeyoung interrupted their kiss, pushing the blanket down and straddling Lisa's legs. Immediately Lisa's hands fell to Chaeyoung's waist, and they slipped under her t-shirt. Chaeyoung took her girlfriend's face in her hands and kissed her hard and passionately again.

They kissed for what seemed like hours under the moonlight, only stopping to take deep breaths and stare at each other for a while and whisper sweet nothings.

A loud moan escaped Chaeyoung's body when she felt Lisa's lips on her neck and hands on her ass. "Lisa."

"Hm," Lisa hummed against Chaeyoung's neck.