special chapter 3, pt. 1

honestly one of my favourite chapters, i love cute ass domestic chaeng and lisa.

enjoy !!

...

october 2019

- lisa.

"Chaeng," I whisper lowly, hoping that she's awake but also not wanting to wake her up if she's not.

"What Lisa?" She groans back at me. She was probably at the stage where she had lost all thought of reality and was just about to fall into a deep sleep.

"How do you feel?" I ask.

"Fine."

"You're not nervous?"

"No," she replies hesitantly. "Are you?"

"No."

"Really?" She turns on her side to face me. I shake my head, contradicting what I just told her. "Oh, thank God, I'm shitting myself." I can't help but laugh, Chaeyoung almost never swears. I love my church girl. "It's gonna be fine though, right?"

"Yeah, everything will be okay," I nod, grabbing her hand to squeeze it reassuringly. "This is supposed to be exciting, why are we like this?" I laugh softly at myself. 

"Because we've gone through the process so many times, this doesn't feel real. It feels like someone's gonna wake me and tell me it's all a dream," she tells me, shrugging. I use my other hand to pinch her on the arm. "Lisa!" She hits me on the shoulder. 

"Just reminding you this isn't a dream."

...

The next morning.

As I sit, I can't help but bounce my leg and wring my wrists. I'm not sure I've ever been this nervous. I mean, I thought I was nervous on our wedding day, but this beats it.

"Lisa you need to calm down before I send you back to the car," Chaeyoung tells me, lifting her head up from her phone briefly. I don't answer, I just nod my head and attempt to still my body. Instead, I start clicking my tongue out of nervousness. "Lisa, everything's gonna be fine," she puts her phone away and takes my hand softly, intertwining our fingers.

"Park-Manoban?" I lift my head up to see a doctor, one that I recognise from before, with a clipboard standing in the doorway of a doctor's office. "Come right this way ladies."

Chaeyoung stands up first and I follow her inside. "Chaeyoung, if you could sit up on the bed, and Lisa you can take a seat next to her," the doctor tells us. "How have you been feeling?" She asks my wife.

"A little nauseous in the mornings, but nothing major," she replies. 

"So you took a test a few weeks ago, and it was positive?" Dr Kim asks, sitting down on her own swively chair. 

"Yeah," Chaeyoung nods.

"Have a lie down and we'll see how everyone's holding up," Dr Kim smiles at us both reassuringly. Chaeyoung swings her legs onto the bed, relaxing as she lowers her body just a little bit, although still sitting up at an angle. Dr Kim warns my wife about how cold the gel will be on her stomach so I reach out to hold her hand.

The doctor pulls out the wand and moves it around Chaeyoung's belly as a picture starts to appear on a screen. I'm almost too nervous to look up, so instead I just look at Chaeyoung until Dr Kim says, "Well, there's your baby ladies. Congratulations."

I snap my head up to look at the screen, my jaw dropped. "It's so tiny," I say quietly, squinting to see a little blob on the screen. 

If you haven't realised, Chaeyoung and I decided after our wedding, and after babysitting Jiwon, Jennie and Jisoo's son, that we wanted a family of our own. It's taken a while, but after multiple negative tests we finally got a positive test about a month ago. Today is the first ever ultrasound, which is what made us so nervous, we were both worried that something would've happened to the baby without us knowing, and we've never seen our baby before.