14 - O

"remind you that what's today?" taehyung furrows his eyebrows in confusion

i step beside the payphone and grab ahold of the gift bag resting on it, "that it's dansae's birthday today?" he parts his lips to say something but i interject, "and why aren't you at his party?"

he tugs on yoongi's jacket and looks down, too sad for my liking, "that's whom i'm waiting for soo yeong ah~."

i place my almost empty beverage on the payphone and step toward taehyung- my mind knows something is wrong now. i hold either of his arms, "how long have you been out here?" my voice becomes sterner.

he's hesitant but i squeeze his arms lightly and he finally speaks in a soft tone, "it's probably been about... two and a half hours now." the colour from my face runs and i stare at him shock.

"two and a half hours!" i repeat feeling anger, hurt, pity, frustration and every other emotion relevant to this situation. "omo! taehyung ah~... you waited out here in the cold because of him!" i shake taehyung. "i'm not going to spare him taehyung ah~!"

"soo yeong ah~" taehyung suddenly hugs me, "calm down." he ruffles my hair lightly.

"taehyung ah~," i breathe gripping onto yoongi's jacket. "how many times did you call him?"

"soo yeo-"

"taehyung, just answer." i interject.

he sighs, "honestly i don't know soo yeong ah~." he releases his grip on me, his face no longer holding the happiness we've shared a few minutes ago.

i pull out my smartphone, "you're waiting for him to call back because you've spent all your coins trying to call him, didn't you?" he nods, causing me to mentally kick dansae although he deserves more than just a kick. "let me call up jungkook." taehyung nods.

i dial up guk's number but it goes to voice mail. i try again but i get the same result. so i proceed to call up jimin and to our dismay it also goes onto voice mail, "they're aren't answering." i heave a frustrated sigh.

taehyung looks at me disheartened, "can we try calling dansae from your smartphone?" he suggests so i hand him the phone.

taehyung dails up dansae's cell and i stare at him in anticipation as he holds the phone to his ear. after a few seconds of waiting i see taehyung's face light up with a little smile, seeing as dansae finally answered his phone.

"dansae, it's me taehyung." he speaks into the receiver, "i've purchased a gift certificate for you. where can i find you?" he turns to face me. i smile lightly at him, hoping to give him some reassurance but internally i'm breaking on the inside.

i had a feeling that dansae was going to do something horrible but this is far beyond that. how and why would he ever do such a thing to such a wonderful human being. dansae definitely doesn't have any morals or values in his life.