25 - U

~jimin's point of view~

i relax over a soft picnic blanket laid out over the lush green grass in songpa naru park and i stare up at the cherry blossom trees around me.

their buds are slowly yet surely blooming in absolute beauty and it's also doused in fairy lights so once nightfalls we'd still be able to see them and that's my favourite part of the whole festival- watching the trees at night.

every year my family comes to this park which is a tradition now because it's more family oriented. they cater for more family activities than couple ones and my family loves participating in them like they're doing right now.

i turn to my side, eyeing my family along with others' playing a variety of classic outdoor games and i smile when i see mom jump up in happiness after winning a prize. she's very competitive so she wins almost all of the contests here.

as for me, i don't participate in them anymore because it's a little embarrassing for me now especially after that one incident that took place awhile back.

i was wearing a plain white t-shirt along with dark ripped jeans and my family made me participate in the water balloon contest.

i ended up being soaking wet and- let me just keep it short and sweet, basically the contest didn't end well for both me and the girl's around at the said time. so, that's why i prefer to just relax during this festival and not exert myself so much.

i turn away from my parents when i hear my phone's ring tone begin to play out. i pick it up seeing that it's taehyung's call so i receive it, speaking into the receiver.

"tae?" i ask instead of greeting. "i thought you're with soo yeong ah~?"

"no jiminie pabo..." he whines calling me that weird nickname again which soo yeong has also picked up on. "i feel really nervous, can i talk to you for while? just until i feel better." i can sense his pout and he blatantly ignores my question.

i sigh. "i don't know why you're nervous, you've literally pulled off so many crazy things with her so just meeting up with her is nothing to worry about." i explain to him.

"i know..." he groans. "but still..."

"but still, what?" i question his childish behaviour.

"what if she does something daring and crazy like i did? like the real deal?"

"what do you mean the real deal?"

"what if she kisses me and not just on the cheek this time?" he deadpans and i shoot up from the blanket at his incredulous words.

"she kissed your cheek?" i question feeling alittle flustered. "whoa, soo yeong's not so innocent yah," i chuckle.

"aish pabo, what would i do?" he avoids my question, again, and insists on his own.