I need to tell you something

Nina's POV

It has been a month since we came back from Egypt, and things have settled into a peaceful routine. James decided that it was time to drop out of college and work with his father here in LA.

The day that he told me that he was moving in with his father was the best day of my life. Now I'll be able to see my boyfriend in real life, not just on FaceTime. However, he had to meet Dad first and get his approval just so I could be allowed to go out with him, and I was so scared that Dad would say no. Luckily, dad said he approves.

I know what you are thinking. I broke up with Charles because of the distance, but I was okay with the fact that James lives in Jersey? Well yeah. With James, I feel something different. I feel that distance will not cause any problems in our relationship.

However, with Charles...
We rarely met each other. We just texted. I was so blinded by love that I saw that it's not right and we must meet to connect and for our bond to grow. I didn't realise that until I saw how James was so keen on us meeting daily and going on weekly dates. They don't have to be crazy; the best dates are the simplest ones, where we just eat pizza while watching our favourite movie for the millionth time.

Our day goes as follows: James picked me up to drop me off at college in the morning, then he goes to work. When I finish, he takes his break, and we go to have lunch together. He then drops me off at the library, which is only a street away from his work, to study with the girls, then picks me up again and drops me home after he finishes work.

But today was different. While James was dropping me off at the library, he told me that he wouldn't take me home because he had something to do. It was ok with me; one of the girls can take me home, but the thing is that I tried knowing what this thing was. I know it doesn't work. cause his father likes to do anything outside of the office himself, but he kept changing the topic, so I never knew. I trust James, so I know that whatever he'll be doing isn't something bad, right?

"Hey girls"

Oh, hey, best friend. Why the gloomy face? What did he do?"

Oh shit. I'm busted. I knew that Rachel was good at knowing when something is off and will always know exactly what is wrong with me, but what amazes me is that she can recognise it with just one glance.

"James has been acting weird today. During lunch, he didn't talk to me much like he always does, and he kept looking at his phone, and as soon as he got a text, he would open the phone so fast to answer the text, and we all know that when he is with me, he always puts his phone on don't disturb mode, so I don't know. And what topped it off was that he told me that he wouldn't drop me off because he had "something" to do, but I know that it's not work. Should I be worried?"

"Hell no. James loves you; we can see it in his eyes. The way it shines when he sees you and how he smiles a little when you laugh. If that's not love, I don't know what is."

I think I'll just trust the girls. Now I should study.

After 3 long hours of trying to understand sh*t that I knew I wouldn't understand, we decided that it was time to leave. I was getting out my phone to call James to tell him that I was going home, but as soon as I hit the call button, I heard one of the girls gasp. I looked up to see Emily with wide eyes and said,
Wait, is that Charles?"
So I looked, and yes, he is heading our way with all his glory.

"How didn't I see that coming?" whispered Rachel.
She is right. What the hell is he doing here?
Whatever he's doing here, I don't think I'll like it.
He was smiling in our direction when all of a sudden his eyes grew wide and he screamed "NINA WATCH OUT!!" and that was the last thing I heard before everything went black.

James POV

I just dropped Nina off, and now I am heading to "do something". At least that's what I told Nina. I am actually heading to her place. I decided to tell her that I loved her, and I have been planning for the past week on how I am going to do it because I wanted it to be perfect.

I have been thinking of it all day, thinking of something to tell her as an excuse, and texting the boys constantly to make sure that they have everything under control.

I have previously ordered everything and drawn out how things should be put in her backyard so she sees it when she gets back from studying. All that I asked from the boys is to pick up the things that I ordered, and then I'll arrange them the way I want.

Everything was going perfectly. Until Nina called I know what you're thinking—her calling should be a good thing; true, it was—until I heard the thing that made my blood grow cold: "NINA WATCH OUT," followed by the sound of a crash, then the line went dead.