It wasn't an accident

Nina's POV

I wake up to the sound of the stupid alarm. Why in the hell did I set an alarm to wake me up on a Friday morning? I stretch my arm to reach my alarm clock, but I can't move my arm. I try to open my eyes to see why I'm not moving, but I can't do that either. I even try to scream for help, but nothing is happening.

My heart starts racing, breathing becomes harder, and soon I am in the middle of a panic attack, but what I do notice is that the stupid beeping gets faster, there is another noise that I can't tell what it is exactly, and then suddenly everything goes black again and I am in a deep slumber.

James POV

I reach the hospital that Emily told me Nina was in, and there I see Emily, Rachel, Mr. Steve, and another guy. Who the hell is that guy?

I walk to the girls and ask what happened. First, Emily started shouting at me and talking so fast that I couldn't understand most of what she said, but I had to stop her when I concluded that she thinks that I left Nina and didn't pick her up from the library as usual, which led to her getting hit because I was cheating on her.

"Wait a second, who said anything about cheating?" I said, starting to get mad at Emily.

"WOULD YOU LIKE TO EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THE HELL DID U DISAPPEAR ALL DAY OR WHY WERE YOU ACTING SO WEIRD? "EVEN NINA BELIEVED YOU WERE CHEATING ON HER," Emily continued to yell.

"I WASN'T CHEATING; I WAS BACK AT HER PLACE DECORATING HER BACKYARD SO I COULD TELL HER HOW MUCH I LOVE HER IN A SPECIAL WAY," I finally yelled, becoming enraged.

"Wait, you are just going to tell a girl that you didn't even date that you love her?" said the unknown guy.

"Didn't date? Dude, Nina and my one-month anniversary is today. That's why I decided to tell her today; plus, who are you?" I said to the unknown guy. Whoever he is, I don't like him. Something seems fishy about him.

"I am Charles, nine's ex-boyfriend; we broke up almost six months ago because she didn't want to do long distance. Recently, I realised that I couldn't live without her and decided to come back to her. But it seems that she made herself busy," this Charles guy said with so much disgust,

I've got to go now. It was nice meeting you today, Mr. Steve. I wish we did meet again in better circumstances; I will be back to check up on Nina later." Said Charles as he left the hospital.

As soon as he left, a police officer came.

"Any family members of Nina here?"

"Yes, sir, I am her father. How is my daughter? Whenever I am the nurse or the doctor, they tell me that the police need to talk with me first," said Mr. Steve.

"Well, sir, yes, we did ask the nurse not to tell you anything yet about what happened or her health; why would we keep that a secret? You need to be told alone what exactly happened."

"It's ok, sir, those are my daughter's best friends. I trust them."

"And him," said the officer, pointing at me.

"Her boyfriend," I said.

Well, if that is the case, you must know that this wasn't just a regular hit-and-run accident; your daughter was targeted by whoever hit her. We were able to get the licence number of the car that hit your daughter, and we ran it on our database and found out the owner of this car reported it as stolen 3 days ago. According to him, men came up to him, hit him, took his car, and then left with it," said the officer.

He then added, "His description of the men leads us to the vipers' gang. One of the most dangerous gangs here in LA From what we know about the vipers, they never attack without a reason, and if our doubts are true, then your daughter must have done something really bad to them," the officer explained.

"Or maybe they were trying to get back at someone through her," said Mr. Steve, looking me deep in the eyes.

"I would never think of harming my Nina."

As soon as I said that, a nurse came running into Nina's room, and we still don't know how my baby is because the stupid nurse understood the command incorrectly.