➳ four.

The loud sounds of Dauntless people soon filled my ears as I walked into the cafeteria. Ellie and I earned our fair amount of stares, her looking down at her feet and I sending a soft smile. My Amity is showing.

"How about there?" Ellie says and points at an empty space that happened to be next to our instructor, Four.

I look around and realize that seat was probably our only option, it was packed in here. I nod.

I take the seat closer to him, while Ellie sits across from me next to some guy. I look at the food, which was placed in a metal bin, and frown.

"What, have you've never saw a hamburger before?" The boy next to Ellie asked, half laughing.

"Is that what it's called?" I respond and Ellie turns to the mystery guy.

"Amity usually don't eat meat, they tend to think it's wrong to kill a living organism."  I just nod at her statement and grab a piece of meat for my plate.

"I see", the boy responds, " I'm Elijah by the way, originally from Candor."

"I'm Ellie and this is Rosemary."

I smile and he goes in for a handshake, while I go for a hug, across the table dumb I know.

"Oh we've got a hugger." He laughs and awkwardly pulls away.

"Sorry, that's how we usually greet people in Amity."

"Well you better get out of that habit." I hear and look over to Four, who was staring at me.

"I know, it's just a struggle. You'd understand if you were a transfer." He lets out a small laugh and I'm give him a confused look.

"Who says I wasn't a transfer?"

I stare at him blankly, I mean sure it was possible. But would they really let a transfer teach us over a Dauntless born? He must've been top in his class then. Wait, he mentioned being in the control room. If he was top of his class, why not be a leader?

"But-" I start, but am interrupted by the one and only. Eric.

"Four, who's your new friends?" He says while putting his hands on Four's shoulder. There's tension between them, in a 'I secretly hate you' way.

"This is Rosemary, an transfer." Four says sweetly and I become even more confused. There's other people at this table, why just mention me?

Eric's expression goes from hard to soft as I catch him glancing to me. Weird. He goes back to look at Four and than to me again, and I realize how close Four and I are. Eric's expression hardens again, almost like he's jealous?

Four just smiles and goes on, "So do you need something or can I continue my conversation?"

"Max wants to talk to you about leadership." Eric says, almost growling at the man.

"Tell him in not interested and I won't ever be." Four responds with a bit of attitude. He then turns back to me and Eric just scoffs and walks away.

"You gonna eat?" He asks and I nod my head, a little too violently.

I then look at my plate and realize I only have a piece of meat on my plate. I stare at it confused.

"Here, let me help." Four says and start to grab more food for me.

He puts too pieces of bread, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and pickles on my plate. He then takes the two bread slices and holds them up.

"Top and bottom." He explains and puts one down. "Put the meat than all your vegetables and then the top." He starts to fix my hamburger and then puts it in front of me.

"And don't use a fork, it's uncommon."

I nod and mimic Four as his picks up his burger and eats it. This is actually good. I smile and do a happy dance and he just laughs at me. I almost forget about Ellie and Elijah until I hear them laughing as well.

"Slow down or you'll choke." Ellie says while holding her stomach.

I laugh. Maybe Dauntless isn't as bad as it seems. I feel someone watching me and I look over to the leaders table to see Eric's cold eyes on me.

Well, I did say maybe.

___________________________

The picture I put is Rosemary's character, I cannot get over how beautiful she is. I know her name is Vanessa, but I'm unsure of her last name. But her Instagram is @yxcvanessa  !!!

Have a nice day/evening/ or night!
Happy reading:)

                     -A