➳ nine.

The next few days of training we smooth, surprisingly. With the extra training from Eric, I was soaring to the top ten. I was now currently on my way to the nurses where Ellie was sent after her final fight, she did not win. As for me, I fought my hardest against one of my best friends. Yeah, Ellie and I were paired to fight.

Although she hadn't been talking to me, due to stress and I being her biggest competition, I sill cared about her. So, Elijah offered to take me to visit her in the nurses.

We walked in and there she layered with an ice pack over he eye. It was bright purple and her lip was busted. I began to feel extremely guilty.

"Ellie." I whispered and she jerked her head towards me. She didn't say a word.

"Ellie," I said again, reaching towards her,"I'm so sorry. I should've have stoped, I shouldn't have-"

"No." She interrupts me. "I should have fought harder, tried harder and maybe I wouldn't be..."

She paused and that's when I noticed the tears in her eyes. "Wouldn't be what?" Elijah questioned, eagerly.

She took a deep breathe, "Cut."

I gasped, "What? How?"

"Eric said I wasn't going to make it, so he told me not to return."

I frown at the mention of Eric, sure we weren't a couple, but I still had those feelings towards him. How could he do this, without even giving her a chance?

"There must be a way out of this? Come on Rosemary let's go talk to the-"

"Don't! There's no use, I'm out." Ellie was now crying.

Elijah and I reached in and give her a hug. We all were on her bed, holding on to the last moments together.

"Come on Rosie, we need to catch a train." Elijah says breaking up the hug.

We began to walk towards the door when a light bulb went off in my head. I know a way to keep Ellie and to piss off Eric.

"Wait! I've got a plan."

___________________________
[on the train.]

"Where is she?" Elijah whispered to me.

"She should be here any second." I try to reassure him, but honestly I was getting nervous myself.

I look over at everyone on the train and my eyes soon lock with a pit of blue ones, Eric. He cocks an eyebrow at me as if he suspected something was going on, he probably did. I break the stare with him when I see Ellie running towards the now moving train. I also Elijah's chest.

"There! She's coming." I whisper yell to him.

Without problem, Ellie is on the train and standing by our sides. We laugh and congratulate her, soon Eric is standing behind her.

"Who let you out?" He asks sternly.

"Um- I did." I was sure he was going to throw her of the train, but he looked to me and his eyes soften for a second.

"Okay."

Okay? Is Eric feeling good? Ellie looks back to me in a confused, yet happy, manner and I begin to laugh. Looking over to Eric, I see him send a quick smile my way.

Maybe he's not all bad.

___________________________
[Eric's pov]

I look over to Rosie as the boy whispers something into her ears. I would get jealous, but he was expressing a concern. She looks over to me and our eyes lock, I cock my eyebrow at her.

What is going on?

And within seconds my question is answered. Here comes the little blonde one running up on the train, I thought I told her she was done? She walks up to Rosie and they began to laugh and talk.

I go to stand behind her, "Who let you out?"

She looks terrified. "Um- I did."

I become angry and I'm about to yell at her, but I see Rosie. My eyes wonder to her and she's already staring at me. I didn't want her to see me as some kind of monster, so I let it slide.

"Okay." I say and walk over to Four.

Out of the corner of my eye I can see Rosie staring at me, so I send her a smile.

What is she doing to me?

___________________________

"Neuro- stun darts." I say in a booming voice to gather everyone's attention.

"They stimulate the pain of a real gunshot, get hit with these and you'll be down for at least two minutes."

I look around to see everyone excitedly waiting to know what exactly is going to happen.

"We'll be playing capture the flag, they'll be two teams. You pick first, Four."

He looks around the room and his eyes land of Rosie, please no.

"I'll take Amity." He says and I mentally curse myself for letting him choose first.

"Picking the weak ones so you can blame someone when you loose?" She sends me a glare. I know it's not true, she one of the strongest ones here. But hey, might as well pick on her.

"Something like that." Four mutters and I roll my yes at him.

"I'll take Gene."

We choose back and forth, before we jump off the train. My team jumping first.