➳ Ten.

Our team consisted of Four, me, Ellie, Uriah, Jake, Jane, Mae, Tyler, and Dallas. I was staring to think back on what Eric said and wondered, maybe Four did pick the weakest? I know he was joking, but only Uriah and I were at the top.

"What's up with you an Eric?" Four's whispering voice calls out, making me jump.

Confused I answer, "I don't know what you're talking about."

And it's true. Ever since Eric's and I encounter, we haven't really talked since then. There has been nothing 'up with us' since then.

"Rosemary, I'm not stupid. Something's going on with you two, I can see it." He stops and the group eventually catches up with us.

"You're seeing it wrong then, now what's the game plan." He sends me a glare causing Ellie to give me a worried look.

"Okay, so here's the plan." Four begins to explain.

___________________________

Ellie and I had been put together to gain the flag. It was currently hidden in a tall tower and we were chosen to take out whoever was guarding it, while the rest cause a distraction. I peered into the tower to see two figures: Eric and Elijah.

I turn to Ellie, "Look I'll go in first and take out whoever I can. You go straight to the flag."

"But-"

"No buts," I cut her off, "whoever captures the flag gets major points added and you need them more than I do."

She smiles at me and mouths a thank you. I turn towards the figures and I know I won't be able to hold both of them back. Looking at my surroundings, I notice a bunch of small pebbles and pick one up. I throw it in the opposite direction of the flag, catching both of their attention.

"Well, go check it out." I hear Eric's demanding voice tell Elijah. He leaves the room all to Eric and I point for Ellie to get ready.

I walk in the room and he doesn't notice me at first, "Hello?" I call out to make myself known.

Eric turns towards me and smirks, I can tell he's going to enjoy this.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't little miss Amity, of course they'd send you." He says and turns his back away from the door leading to the flag. I motion for Ellie to go up there, but Eric notices it.

"Eli get the fuck in here and get to the flag," he says and Elijah is instantly right being Ellie.

I leap to go after him, but a stingy sensation in my leg causes me to stop. I look down to see a dart sticking out from my calf, shit.

"You fucking shot me." I recall as Eric lets out a laugh, an genuine laugh. I pull out my gun and shoot him back, while quickly pulling out the dart from my leg and head in back towards the door.

It's like the dart didn't even phase him. Eric was quickly on my trail and before I even knew it, grabbing my arm to stop me. He pulls me back and against the wall, I was now under him. We were pressed up against each other and he just stared at me.

"You like this, Rosie?" He says while inching closer and closer to me. I nodded as I felt a hardness against my thigh. He put his rough hands on my face and began to caress my cheek.

"What do you want me to do to you, Rosie?" He asks and I let out a shaky breath.

"Kiss me." Within seconds his lips are against mine and my legs are wrapped around him. We kiss for what seems like hours before he starts to trail kisses down my neck.

"You're mine, Rosie. No one else's." He says in between kisses and I nod.

"If anyone touches you they're dead, understand."

"Consider me understood," I say jokingly causing him to smile. He backs away a little bit, but we're still dangerously close.

"Um, Rosemary." I hear causing me to jump away from Eric and he to take a few steps back. I look over to see Ellie  and Elijah looking at us, confused. My eyes soon travel to the neon green flag in Ellie's hand. We won.

"We won," I yell and she looks down realizing what I mean.

"We won, yes!" I go in to hug her.

___________________________

"Ellie and Rosemary, party tonight at the pit." Uriah says while passing us.

We had earned our respect for winning this for the team and it honestly felt amazing. I was now walking with Elijah's arm over me and Ellie right beside us. Smiling at Ellie's joke, I look over to see an angry Eric staring at Elijah's arm. I quickly take it off and go to stand on the other side of him.

"So what's up with you and Eric?" Ellie asks out of the blue.

"Nothing." I reply while shrugging my shoulders.

"Than why were you two so close?" She pushes the topic.

"Why do you ask so many questions, erudite?" I say harshly and instantly regret it. Her smiling face soon turns to a long one and she begins to walk away.

"Ellie, wait I'm sorry." I call out to her, but she's already out of hearing.

"Maybe you've bee spending to much time with the monster." Elijah says while pointing over to Eric. And I don't know why, but a anger rushed over to me.

"He isn't a monster, you just don't know him."

"And you do?" Elijah questions before walking away.