➳ eight.

"Hello?" I call out once I approach closer to the chasm.

I look around to see no one around, I sigh. 'He probably ditched me.' I listen to the water rushing at the bottom of the chasm and make my way to the ledge. Leaning over, I admire the peacefulness of the water and began to become memorized by it.

"You aren't gonna jump, are you?"

I jump at the sound of Eric's voice and quickly turn around, walking towards him.

"No,no. I was just admiring the water." I realize how foolish it sounds aloud.

"Why did you want to meet?" I question, trying to change the subject.

"To talk about your fight." He comes closer to me and stares into my brown eyes.

"It was good, but not good enough." I frown.

"But I won?" I half question.

"Yes, but there are much harder opponents."

I nod at him, knowing he is right.

"Can we train? Like right now?"

"Right now?" He questions me and raises his eyebrow.

"Yeah. I mean, why not? I have two more fights and I want to win them all," I start to head to the training room, "and like you said, there are much harder opponents."

___________________________

I reach the training room and take a seat on a mat, waiting for Eric. He shows up shortly and stops in the doorway, staring at me.

And for the first time in forever, I feel self conscious.

"Let's begin." He says and sits down next to me.

"What's first, my brave leader?"

He smiled. An actual smile and honestly, his smile was beautiful. Something I'd like to see more of.

"You and I are going to fight."

I'm shocked by his words, I couldn't possibly fight Eric? He was like a million times stronger that I am.

"You're joking, right?"

He looks at me with a straight face and shakes his head. Then he jumps up, taking off his shoes and jacket in the process of heading to the mat. I get up slowly and follow his steps. We were now both in the ring.

"Start!" He yells and I jump.

He strikes first, but misses. Giving me the opportunity to go for his throat. This time I miss and he grabs my hand twisting it behind my back, I let out a yelp. Eric pushes me forward and I stumbled, but catch myself. I face towards him and take off running to strike him in the jaw. He's just as surprised as I am. I give him a smile before he tackles me to the ground, unexpectedly.

"Tap out!" He yells and pins my arms down.

He is know completely on top of me and I begin to turn a shade of pink. Luckily, the rush of fighting covers that up. I think quick, not wanting to give up, and end up kneeing him where the sun don't shine.

He groans and I take the opportunity to scramble away, but he has a grip on my leg. Pulling me back, we are now in the same position as before.

"I thought the rumor about you not being able to feel pain wasn't true." I joke and Eric laughs.

"Tap out, Rosie."

"Fine, fine. I'm tapping out."

He loosened his grip on my arms, but doesn't get off me. I become confused by his actions.

"The fight is over Eric."

"I know."

"Than what are you doing?"

"Debating."

"On?"

"Doing this."

I start to open up my mouth, but am cut off by Eric's lips on mine. This is wrong, I think, but I don't do anything to stop it. His lips are soft and feel amazing on mine as they move in sync. I feel his rough hands on my face and he deepens the kiss, I never hesitated to kiss back. And that scares me. Finally, he pulled away.

"I've been wanting to do that for some time now."

Without even thinking I respond.

"What took you so long?"